+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Big game today...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Big game today...

I accidentally posted this in the middle of one of The Other Bob Wilson's quizzes, so sorry Bob... I'll try again.

Lose this game, and Mick could be in trouble. It's a toughie against West Brom right after that, and so he could find himself having to beat Reading to keep his job. Especially with Fulham and Swansea in the following week. Five defeats in a row usually proves too much for Cousin Vinnie.

Re: Big game today...

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I accidentally posted this in the middle of one of The Other Bob Wilson's quizzes, so sorry Bob... I'll try again.

Lose this game, and Mick could be in trouble. It's a toughie against West Brom right after that, and so he could find himself having to beat Reading to keep his job. Especially with Fulham and Swansea in the following week. Five defeats in a row usually proves too much for Cousin Vinnie.
    I sense this season is all about avoiding relegation and reducing the wage bill. We're currently light years away from being top 6. Having said that, if next season we're still playing the poverty card and dishing out awful football at the lower end of the league, we'll be in for a long overdue lean period in the club's history.

I didn't want MM to have a contract for this season and I don't want him as manager now however the big issue is the mess he has made of the squad. Very little a new manager could do, we have very few players to mix it up, it's hard to pick a team without playing wingbacks. To change it up a new manager would have a few tough months to January in my opinion or have to rely heavily on the youth players which we just don't know if they are up to it.

I think he has to have an absolute stinker of a season to get the sack. He is cutting costs, as long as we stay in the division they won't care. We go again next season with big earners off the wage bill.

I don't think there's any danger of MM losing his job. Unfortunately.

Four down now - with West From to come in midweek. Might get something against Reading, then it's Fulham and Swansea. Unless McCarthy comes up with something pretty soon, he's toast.