+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Plaid & Greens form election pact for Cardiff Council Elections

Plaid & Greens form election pact for Cardiff Council Elections

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-...mpaign=KARANGA

Plaid Cymru and the Green Party will be working as a single party in Cardiff for the upcoming elections. Makes sense for me and the two parties this kind of thing before elsewhere. I don't think the Greens have ever done that well in Cardiff elections but Plaid probably see it as a way to make inroads in areas they've never really done well before

Re: Plaid & Greens form election pact for Cardiff Council Elections

Phew at last City of the future on the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-...mpaign=KARANGA

Plaid Cymru and the Green Party will be working as a single party in Cardiff for the upcoming elections. Makes sense for me and the two parties this kind of thing before elsewhere. I don't think the Greens have ever done that well in Cardiff elections but Plaid probably see it as a way to make inroads in areas they've never really done well before
    This agreement is partly to get the Greens off the ballot in Plaid’s target wards of Canton and Radyr, and partly due to Rhys ab Owen’s commitment to the green cause. He and his main advisor are very sympathetic to Extinction Rebellion etc.

A bit off-topic but the German media are reporting the discussions between the Greens and the FDP (who identify with the colour yellow) as 'citrus' talks.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    A bit off-topic but the German media are reporting the discussions between the Greens and the FDP (who identify with the colour yellow) as 'citrus' talks.
    Bloody bananas they are ,they need to keep talking until the pips are squeezed ,and oooh they love a chat ,Merkel will be in power for ever

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Bloody bananas they are ,they need to keep talking until the pips are squeezed ,and oooh they love a chat ,Merkel will be in power for ever
    Hardly. The likeliest outcome at the moment is a SPD/Greens/FDP alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Hardly. The likeliest outcome at the moment is a SPD/Greens/FDP alliance.
    Was listening to one German politician and he felt she has stayed on a bit too long and should have stepped aside some time ago to avoid her party loosing voters