+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mick McCarthy

Re: Mick McCarthy

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    I don't think we can afford to NOT sack him he's shite
    Feeling this too now.. Get someone young in.
    Last edited by Freitag 4.17; 25-09-21 at 17:04. Reason: spelling

Well if people want the manager out after this short space of time then you have to accept a lot of possible candidates will not be interested in grasping the nettle

West Brom next, when 5 defeats in 6 will soon turn to 6 defeats in 7!!!

Get Bellamy back.

Imagine Warnock leaving us with a shite ageing squad, then being listened to when he suggests to tan a new manager

Can't make this shit up.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Imagine Warnock leaving us with a shite ageing squad, then being listened to when he suggests to tan a new manager

Can't make this shit up.
    Tan should delete Warnock's number and block him on facebook

Always a bad sign when the most positive reaction to a managerial appointment is "Give him a chance".

Same thing with Harries.

I can't remember the last manager that generated a little excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Always a bad sign when the most positive reaction to a managerial appointment is "Give him a chance".

Same thing with Harries.

I can't remember the last manager that generated a little excitement.
    He is under a lot of pressure. Looking at his recent post match interviews, he does not express enthusiasm, seems disinterested, and often has arms folded in a defensive way.

I looked back at a few of the interviews from early in the season, the Barnsley and Blackpool games. Very different...he was expressive, humorous even, arms at side and frequent use of hands to add emphasis to his words

Whatever happens to him Cardiff's direction of travel will not change unless Tan and the board make some strategic decisions about the future of our club. The current situation helps no-one, not even the owner. If MM went history suggests we would appoint another tried and tested individual who may give us a very short term spurt in performance, and then it will be as before. There is no easy fix.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Tan should delete Warnock's number and block him on facebook
    😂😂😂😂

Get off to a decent start, get a 2 year contract, repeat and rinse

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    He is under a lot of pressure. Looking at his recent post match interviews, he does not express enthusiasm, seems disinterested, and often has arms folded in a defensive way.

I looked back at a few of the interviews from early in the season, the Barnsley and Blackpool games. Very different...he was expressive, humorous even, arms at side and frequent use of hands to add emphasis to his words

Whatever happens to him Cardiff's direction of travel will not change unless Tan and the board make some strategic decisions about the future of our club. The current situation helps no-one, not even the owner. If MM went history suggests we would appoint another tried and tested individual who may give us a very short term spurt in performance, and then it will be as before. There is no easy fix.
    I dunno...I'm clutching onto the small glimmers of realisation they seem to have had in terms of trying to improve the youth set up, going with relatively young and untested managers in Malky, Ole and Trollope....even the u-turn on the shirts. They seem to take an age to come around to what is probably needed in any given situation but here's to hoping they finally realise that the majority of sides are getting out of the Championship these days with A) a plan and B) a foreward-thinking, young-ish manager with some sort of philosophy.

I don't know why they insist on ex-pro, English managers when that profile of manager hasn't exactly got the best record in the top two leagues over the last four or five seasons. Off the top of my head, Wilder, Warnock, Smith and Parker have gained promotion in the last four or five seasons. A couple of those got through the play-offs. The other, what, ten or so managers that have gained promotion have all been foreign. Going with someone from the English setup is not a terrible idea but teams who are willing to cast the net a little wider appear to be reaping the benefits. I'm neither a xenophobe nor a xenophile, but Tan and his helpers seem to have a very narrow field of vision when it comes to appointing new managers. Surely as a successful business person he must understand that he's putting himself at a disadvantage.

We need a young, forward looking manager - able to use pace, creativity and comfort on the ball to take us up.

Tony Mowbray anyone?

Steve Morrison should be given a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    We need a young, forward looking manager - able to use pace, creativity and comfort on the ball to take us up.

Tony Mowbray anyone?
    Mehmet's looking at a young up and coming manager called "Antonio Pulisio"

I don't know if people on here were ratty about Steve Cooper because he was managing the Jacks at the time, but I think he would've been the perfect option for us at present. He ticks all the boxes for me. As soon as there were rumours of him going to Forest, we should've been on the phone to him.

With 5 losses out of 6 (and probably 6 out of 7 after the WBA match) the outlook looks bleak. It feels rather similar to the time just before Neil Harris was sacked by the club. Paradoxically Harris and McCarthy both had good runs initially but then suffered a string of bad results. The standard of football was dire in both cases.

I really don't know whether McCarthy can turn the club's fortune around, but given the route one football they are playing at present I fear the worst (or the best if you want him out!).

Root and branch reform is desperately needed at the club with Tan as the owner and principal shareholder recognising this and taking action to reform the management and develop a strategy and vision at the club.

Just my 2 cents..

Agree, our only option is to use the youth until January as MM has taken away all other options.

Give him the job until January.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirdcelt View Post
    With 5 losses out of 6 (and probably 6 out of 7 after the WBA match) the outlook looks bleak. It feels rather similar to the time just before Neil Harris was sacked by the club. Paradoxically Harris and McCarthy both had good runs initially but then suffered a string of bad results. The standard of football was dire in both cases.

I really don't know whether McCarthy can turn the club's fortune around, but given the route one football they are playing at present I fear the worst (or the best if you want him out!).

Root and branch reform is desperately needed at the club with Tan as the owner and principal shareholder recognising this and taking action to reform the management and develop a strategy and vision at the club.

Just my 2 cents..
    Good post, agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    I don't know if people on here were ratty about Steve Cooper because he was managing the Jacks at the time, but I think he would've been the perfect option for us at present. He ticks all the boxes for me. As soon as there were rumours of him going to Forest, we should've been on the phone to him.
    YJB

More profound analysis from the manager: “Maybe teams have worked us out”…

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-mick-21678116

Just my 2 cents..
    Agree wholeheartedly.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    More profound analysis from the manager: “Maybe teams have worked us out”…

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-mick-21678116
    He says that as if that's the end of that then, teams have worked us out, we're ****ed. Does he not realise he has the power to try and change that? I warmed to him initially but his blasé and shrug how shoulders attitude is starting to piss me off.

Just my 2 cents..
    More short term thinking from the boss is going to cost him yet again……

Why?