+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mick McCarthy

Re: Mick McCarthy

I don't know if people on here were ratty about Steve Cooper because he was managing the Jacks at the time, but I think he would've been the perfect option for us at present. He ticks all the boxes for me. As soon as there were rumours of him going to Forest, we should've been on the phone to him.

With 5 losses out of 6 (and probably 6 out of 7 after the WBA match) the outlook looks bleak. It feels rather similar to the time just before Neil Harris was sacked by the club. Paradoxically Harris and McCarthy both had good runs initially but then suffered a string of bad results. The standard of football was dire in both cases.

I really don't know whether McCarthy can turn the club's fortune around, but given the route one football they are playing at present I fear the worst (or the best if you want him out!).

Root and branch reform is desperately needed at the club with Tan as the owner and principal shareholder recognising this and taking action to reform the management and develop a strategy and vision at the club.

Just my 2 cents..

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Steve Morrison should be given a chance.
    Agree, our only option is to use the youth until January as MM has taken away all other options.

Give him the job until January.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirdcelt View Post
    With 5 losses out of 6 (and probably 6 out of 7 after the WBA match) the outlook looks bleak. It feels rather similar to the time just before Neil Harris was sacked by the club. Paradoxically Harris and McCarthy both had good runs initially but then suffered a string of bad results. The standard of football was dire in both cases.

I really don't know whether McCarthy can turn the club's fortune around, but given the route one football they are playing at present I fear the worst (or the best if you want him out!).

Root and branch reform is desperately needed at the club with Tan as the owner and principal shareholder recognising this and taking action to reform the management and develop a strategy and vision at the club.

Just my 2 cents..
    Good post, agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    I don't know if people on here were ratty about Steve Cooper because he was managing the Jacks at the time, but I think he would've been the perfect option for us at present. He ticks all the boxes for me. As soon as there were rumours of him going to Forest, we should've been on the phone to him.
    YJB

More profound analysis from the manager: “Maybe teams have worked us out”…

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-mick-21678116

Just my 2 cents..
    Agree wholeheartedly.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post

He says that as if that's the end of that then, teams have worked us out, we're ****ed. Does he not realise he has the power to try and change that? I warmed to him initially but his blasé and shrug how shoulders attitude is starting to piss me off.

Just my 2 cents..
    More short term thinking from the boss is going to cost him yet again……

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Steve Morrison should be given a chance.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Why?
    Why not until January?
    What decent manager is going to want to take over us with the state of the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Good post, agree.
    Too true, Tan and his Merrie Men are woeful. We're in danger of becoming a laughing stock.....(what do I mean becoming?)

In the end , the decision to build a squad with 1 x recognised left back(ok Giles may have originally been signed on loan to cover but offers more going forward ), no pace or wide players other than Giles in the squad and then doesn’t address the lack of a ball player / guile in the midfield but then also loans out his midfield summer signing in an already thin squad is the manager’s.
    This wage shredding has also meant there is no depth to the squad and therefore he has to use young players to play in a way that is different to the U23s.

I guess we can’t afford and don’t want to sack him as we can’t afford to and he has followed the board’s remit to reduce the wage bill and use the academy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post

Imagine people working out a brand of football that's been around longer than dinosaurs walked the earth.

It's great that we have so many good managers on ccmb

God bless you all

Imagine pubs, work, schools, dinner tables etc not having a conversation on their opinions of football in general and then matters closer to their own club, that they've put in years and miles supporting. Back in your box ffs..

We could sack MM.

But does anyone really think the next appointment would be an improvement?

Its usually someone recommended to them or has a "safe pair of hands".

Felt before the Harris sacking that whilst he probably had to go, a year or so later we would be having similar conversations.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's great that we have so many good managers on ccmb

God bless you all
    How dare people comment on the atrocious 5-1 embarrassment and complete lack of tactical awareness. Mike, please can people be made to show their coaching badges before commenting please?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Imagine pubs, work, schools, dinner tables etc not having a conversation on their opinions of football in general and then matters closer to their own club, that they've put in years and miles supporting. Back in your box ffs..
    THEY being the key word here

You threw all your toys out of the pram and stopped going because your daughter was bored

Now THATS the kind of fan we need when the going gets tough

God bless ya

You may as well comment on the weather

Well done

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    How dare people comment on the atrocious 5-1 embarrassment and complete lack of tactical awareness. Mike, please can people be made to show their coaching badges before commenting please?
    This is the thing see , people are quick to shout fire but have no idea of what the alternative is