+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mick McCarthy

Re: Mick McCarthy

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Cardiff City fans have always had a large number of fans who moan winge and have a go at management and players

It has always been thus
    Yeah sure ��

His agent and Mick played us superbly getting 2 more years out of us before he swans off for retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Steve Morrison should be given a chance.
    Why should he? What has he done that suggests to you he would make a good manager for the future of Cardiff City?

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Why not until January?
    What decent manager is going to want to take over us with the state of the squad.
    Short sighted bollox that saw us give Mick McCarthy a job.

We have an entitlement to success at this club way above what we have actually ever historically achieved

And the pressure we put on the players and management is ridiculous
    That may have been true for a while when Sam Hammam arrived, but it’s certainly not true now and hasn’t been for around twenty years. When is the last time large sections of the crowd turned against the team at a match? If anything, I think the support has been very patient over a few seasons now when the football has been very dull and the team have often failed to achieve the top six target set by the club, not the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That may have been true for a while when Sam Hammam arrived, but it’s certainly not true now and hasn’t been for around twenty years. When is the last time large sections of the crowd turned against the team at a match? If anything, I think the support has been very patient over a few seasons now when the football has been very dull and the team have often failed to achieve the top six target set by the club, not the fans.
    Considering we have been in a league with a lot of big clubs , clubs bigger than us , the expectation on the team to be pushing for a top six finish has been ridiculous . It seems MM will be on his way soon but the firing squad will soon be lining up for the next victim .

Considering we have been in a league with a lot of big clubs , clubs bigger than us , the expectation on the team to be pushing for a top six finish has been ridiculous . It seems MM will be on his way soon but the firing squad will soon be lining up for the next victim .
    Only because, like his predecessors, the next "victim" will be in the same mould and therefore totally useless to our cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    What pressure? A few people on a message board wanting better?

You are literally the person who argues with people on here who want better football, waffling on about the times we were in division 4 etc and we should be happy. Anyone who has a different view to that is being entitled in your eyes? Christ

For the record I'm not too bothered about a top 6 finish especially with this shit style of football.
    I just want to see us being competitive playing a style of play that they must be teaching the youngsters coming through the ranks not mick Mccarthys excuse of football.
    What we see now is the result of mis management by people at the club that don't have a clue.
    The defeatest attitude of who can we get in and there's no money is crap.
    Other clubs do it other clubs play a better style of play other clubs have a long term plan being set out by people who have knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    For the record I'm not too bothered about a top 6 finish especially with this shit style of football.
    I just want to see us being competitive playing a style of play that they must be teaching the youngsters coming through the ranks not mick Mccarthys excuse of football.
    What we see now is the result of mis management by people at the club that don't have a clue.
    The defeatest attitude of who can we get in and there's no money is crap.
    Other clubs do it other clubs play a better style of play other clubs have a long term plan being set out by people who have knowledge.
    Well said..

Considering we have been in a league with a lot of big clubs , clubs bigger than us , the expectation on the team to be pushing for a top six finish has been ridiculous .
    Is there an expectation on the team to be pushing for a top six finish? I haven't been aware of one. I think the general hope among City fans that I know and those I read on here is that we don't play as much long ball stuff and build for the future.

As for being in a league with a lot of clubs bigger than us, I think it might be worth considering the following - since 2003, our last season in the bottom two tiers, this is how often we have finished above certain 'big' clubs in 19 seasons:

Leeds - 13
    Forest - 17
    Wednesday - 15
    Sheff U - 10
    Derby - 12

We've finished above Middlesbrough and Leicester 9 times, despite both having long spells in the Premier League during the period.

If you took an average of every league club's placings since 2003 we'd be 26th. If you look at it over the last 10 seasons we'd be 23rd, above the likes of Wolves, Boro, Leeds, QPR, Sunderland, Derby, Reading, Blackburn, Forest, Birmingham, both Sheffield clubs, Ipswich, Bolton etc.

Traditionally smaller clubs like Watford, Bournemouth, Swansea, Brighton, perhaps even Fulham have done better than us over the last decade.

This is why I don't buy into this 'big' club bollocks. Smaller teams can thrive if managed and run in the correct way. What is wrong with looking at how smaller clubs have got success and asking why that couldn't be us? Why do you think that we should be glad we're doing ok because that it is better than some 'big' clubs are doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Is there an expectation on the team to be pushing for a top six finish?
    That expectation weirdly comes from the sentiments of Dalman made on public record.

I say weirdly because Mick was already saying after Sheff Wed last season - if we don't make play offs we're going to have to start playing lots of the youngsters with a view for next season, and for us to not to expect to be spending pretty much anything. That guidance had to have been put down to Mick from someone on high!

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    That expectation weirdly comes from the sentiments of Dalman made on public record.

I say weirdly because Mick was already saying after Sheff Wed last season - if we don't make play offs we're going to have to start playing lots of the youngsters with a view for next season, and for us to not to expect to be spending pretty much anything. That guidance had to have been put down to Mick from someone on high!
    Indeed, but I don't think most of the fans believed it, even if Dalman did.

Managers get fired for not being good at their job. It's not really harsh or shocking news, is it?

Well the question to ask yourselves here is this . Do you honestly think if we get a new manager in , that seems inev

Inevitable now that should we be playing nice football but 18th and seriously threatening the relegation places or even go down people will give that manager time and patience ?

I think you are having a giraffe

I sincerely hope if MMs time is up his replacement transforms the club in a root and branch approach but I can't see it happening

Interesting article from 2014, that put Ipswich Town (at the time, managed by Mick McCarthy) at the top of the Hoofball Charts in the Championship.

Possibly more interesting is that Cardiff City were near the bottom of said chart.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2014/11/0...-championship/

Inevitable now that should we be playing nice football but 18th and seriously threatening the relegation places or even go down people will give that manager time and patience ?

I think you are having a giraffe

I sincerely hope if MMs time is up his replacement transforms the club in a root and branch approach but I can't see it happening
    I honestly wouldn't mind an actual relegation battle with jeopardy.. anything for some entertainment at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    I honestly wouldn't mind an actual relegation battle with jeopardy.. anything for some entertainment at this point
    Enter McCarthy's revolutionary 8-2-0 formation!

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Why would that be entertaining?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Why would that be entertaining?
    Why would it not? Goalkeeper scoring to keep us up on the last day and all that kind of shit, why not.. L1 would be a blast if we ****ed up too.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Enter McCarthy's revolutionary 8-2-0 formation!
    The crowds will vanish

We will be lucky to get 14000 gates

And if we are stuck there for several years 14000 will soon become 10000

Relegation would be a complete nightmare for this football club

If its time for MM to get the bullet then you better pray the next man stops us going down

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Interesting article from 2014, that put Ipswich Town (at the time, managed by Mick McCarthy) at the top of the Hoofball Charts in the Championship.

Possibly more interesting is that Cardiff City were near the bottom of said chart.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2014/11/0...-championship/
    What are 'Launches'?

Quote Originally Posted by NottinghamBlue View Post
    What are 'Launches'?
    a long high aimless ball

Relegation would be a complete nightmare for this football club
    Playing devil's advocate for a minute, I'm sure fans of Leicester, Norwich, Leeds and Southampton all thought the same.