+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How many will West Brom put on us ?

How many will West Brom put on us ?

I dread to think

Re: How many will West Brom put on us ?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I dread to think
    We will win 1 nil

3-0 victory for Mick McCuardiola's sexy football

We took four points from Valérien Ismaël last season. Of all the sides predicted for the top three, West Brom are the side we should fancy our chances against the most.

Ralls and Giles should be back into the squad too. In fact, we can fancy ourselves over next three opponents but don't expect it to be pretty. All about the points now until the 6th of November really.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    We took four points from Valérien Ismaël last season. Of all the sides predicted for the top three, West Brom are the side we should fancy our chances against the most.

Ralls and Giles should be back into the squad too. In fact, we can fancy ourselves over next three opponents but don't expect it to be pretty. All about the points now until the 6th of November really.
    We took 4 points off of Barnsley, I’m not sure what relevance that has to the West Brom game.

I am not seeing how you favour us tor the next three. We’ve kept like 1 clean sheet all season and we’re just hammered by Blackburn, we’d be lucky to get a win out of that lot

I do remember beating them 1 nil against the odds , you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    We took 4 points off of Barnsley, I’m not sure what relevance that has to the West Brom game.

I am not seeing how you favour us tor the next three. We’ve kept like 1 clean sheet all season and we’re just hammered by Blackburn, we’d be lucky to get a win out of that lot
    Our next three games:

West Brom: we had a good record against their manager last year - admittedly at "lesser" opposition - and it's probably not wholesale change from that style.

Reading: today they had no senior defenders and Junior Hoilett playing as a false 9. If that's still true when we play them surely we can fancy our chances?

Swansea: they now play closer to a style we struggle against but last year we won away by scoring from a corner and then camping inside our own box with Kieffer Moore physically unable to run around - we can definitely repeat that. So far this season they've struggled to create chances and struggled to win at home.

A little bit of over-selling our side but we're getting some of our key players back and it's a more interesting messageboard if some of us are optimistic

Our next three games:

West Brom: we had a good record against their manager last year - admittedly at "lesser" opposition - and it's probably not wholesale change from that style.

Reading: today they had no senior defenders and Junior Hoilett playing as a false 9. If that's still true when we play them surely we can fancy our chances?

Swansea: they now play closer to a style we struggle against but last year we won away by scoring from a corner and then camping inside our own box with Kieffer Moore physically unable to run around - we can definitely repeat that. So far this season they've struggled to create chances and struggled to win at home.

A little bit of over-selling our side but we're getting some of our key players back and it's a more interesting messageboard if some of us are optimistic
    Fair play saying we took points off a manager rather than the team we played is a new one.

I think we can win at least one of them, probably Reading next week but I don't look at those three and think yes we are favoured for all of them by any stretch.

Giles is the only quality player we're missing, I genuinely do not know what Ralls does anymore.

Well have 5 centre backs in a back 5 with 3 holding midfielders so Mick can hold onto his job.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

Well have 5 centre backs in a back 5 with 3 holding midfielders so Mick can hold onto his job.
    Not even Sutton did that against us!

At this point it wouldn't surprise me if McGuinness came in for Ng and Nelson was shoved to right wing back

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Not even Sutton did that against us!
    Brentford aren't doing it in the big boy league either, but our motto v Bournemouth was to frustrate them.. Don't see it being any different against WBA, I think he will make us more defensive and will have no need for wing backs as we won't be going forward..

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    At this point it wouldn't surprise me if McGuinness came in for Ng and Nelson was shoved to right wing back
    I can honesty see it happening as well.

I dread to think
    bit of luck there bus runs out of fuel in monmouth

I dread to think
    bit of luck there bus runs out of fuel in monmouth

Brentford aren't doing it in the big boy league either, but our motto v Bournemouth was to frustrate them.. Don't see it being any different against WBA, I think he will make us more defensive and will have no need for wing backs as we won't be going forward..
    Brentford aren’t doing it in the big boy league? Looks like they doing it in the big boy league.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Brentford aren’t doing it in the big boy league? Looks like they doing it in the big boy league.
    Typo. Well spotted

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Someone's been doing some copying and pasting!

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Someone's been doing some copying and pasting!
    Nah he's definitely done it himself. Called the Czech Republic czechia and Wales are wales/Cymru. Surge is very particular to detail I'll give him that.

Yup

Wouldn’t surprise me if you beat them.Things change fast in this division. We were thrashed 4-0 at Huddersfield a few weeks ago and have picked up 10 points from 4 games since. Just look st last season with Cardiff going on various good and poor runs.
    You won’t be going down nor up I suspect.

If we put more 6 foot 7 players up front and just lump it up to them I think we've got a chance of winning 1-0

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    If we put more 6 foot 7 players up front and just lump it up to them I think we've got a chance of winning 1-0
    I have it on good authority we have Mozza and Flint up top with Moore Tuesday.

3-1 I reckon.