+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tough times for the Dinosaurs

Re: Tough times for the Dinosaurs

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I hardly club bash and i don't want a new owner so the question you made trying to be a smart arse is pointless
    Of course it's not pointless. The truth is you'd never heard of Vincent Tan before he bought into CCFC and started throwing his cash around, and yet you're asking others who they want to replace him. It's an especially stupid question.

You seem to be strongly opposed to the managers Tan employs and yet you apparently want him to remain as the club's owner. That's pretty stupid too, unless you yearn for more of the same.

Is Tan the problem? Given that Dalman is the one resisting having a Director of Football, is it him and Choo that are stopping the club from progressing?
    It might be that Tan being located the other side of the world with problems of his own (particularly at the present time) means that he’s trusting Dalman and Choo to take care of the club.
    I don’t think he’s been that bad an owner and probably isn’t going anywhere, but a change of Dalman and/or Choo might be enough to see meaningful progress, plus would be a more realistic expectation. They’ve both been here a while, so hopefully they’ll be looking for the next challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Of course it's not pointless. The truth is you'd never heard of Vincent Tan before he bought into CCFC and started throwing his cash around, and yet you're asking others who they want to replace him. It's an especially stupid question.

You seem to be strongly opposed to the managers Tan employs and yet you apparently want him to remain as the club's owner. That's pretty stupid too, unless you yearn for more of the same.
    The question wasn't for you so just mind your business..

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    The question wasn't for you so just mind your business..
    Can you bicker elsewhere.

Why is there a need for a Director of Football? Surely a Manager with the right ideas would be the right way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Why is there a need for a Director of Football? Surely a Manager with the right ideas would be the right way to go.
    We saw with Warnock how dangerous it can be to give one man so much control. No thanks.

A DoF would take some of the workload as well, it is up to the club to decide how much responsibility they would get and what they are in control of it varies club to club there is no one size fits all role for a DoF.

Its not 1970 anymore football changes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    People are talking about the possibility of City being dragged into a relegation scrap. Middlesbrough fans must be thinking the same about their team. In their last seven games, Boro have played QPR, Derby, Blackburn, Coventry, Nottingham Forest, Blackpool and Reading. The only side out of that lot they managed to beat was Forest.

I've long been of the opinion that the ideal time for Warnock to retire would have been straight after guiding City to promotion in 2018. Things could have been very different for both the Bluebirds and Warnock had that happened. But he just couldn't leave it there. Instead, City are still paying a heavy price for his poor purchases and he's almost certainly going to end up having been sacked from his final two jobs in football.
    I looked on one of the Boro forums the other day and they're not a happy bunch. The comments are very similar to when NW was here. Must be honest and say I had no problem when he first took over, often referring to the not infrequent unspectacular wins as "Warnock Wins". Whatever it takes, etc. However, the fayre on show and Warnock's post-match comments soon became tiresome. Seems like it's deja vu all over again, this time in the north-east.

The below is from one of the Boro forums yesterday. The reply in bold is to the question in itallics. As for this reply, the poster evidently doesn't have too much knowledge of NW's time at City.

"Warnock today pointed the finger on the culprits, who pushed for the foreign signings, revealed the on going interference, we've had for years, this is why former managers had to sign a non-disclosure act. He looks as sick as a parrot."

He's more than welcome to do one then.

I don't think there is a club going nowadays that just let's the manager have 100% of the say on signings. If he looked closer to home regarding his methods and tactics he might get a clue as to why he can't work with our current crop.