+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tough times for the Dinosaurs

Re: Tough times for the Dinosaurs

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Can you now see how short sighted that way of thinking is?
    Not if it works mate. Teams can lose playing good football but there needs to be an ability to adapt to the situation, whatever the game throws at you.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Not if it works mate. Teams can lose playing good football but there needs to be an ability to adapt to the situation, whatever the game throws at you.
    At our level we're gonna win and lose games, this hoofball "success" was never going to last. Surely its better to do it while watching better football? Long term, our first team playing like the younger teams will also make it easier to bring kids through.. Oh look.. Longtermism

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Ok so answer me this. You keep knocking Tan so who would you want instead? Let's have some names
    Bernard Arnault, Mukesh Ambani, Larry Ellison, Zhong Shanshan, Amancio Ortega, Colin Zheng Huang, Masayoshi Son, Dieter Schwarz, Wang Wei, Francois Pinault, Charles Koch, Daniel Gilbert, Ma Huateng, Steve Ballmer, etc, etc, etc.

How about Elon Musk? City could eventually become the first club managed from space.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Bernard Arnault, Mukesh Ambani, Larry Ellison, Zhong Shanshan, Amancio Ortega, Colin Zheng Huang, Masayoshi Son, Dieter Schwarz, Wang Wei, Francois Pinault, Charles Koch, Daniel Gilbert, Ma Huateng, Steve Ballmer, etc, etc, etc.

How about Elon Musk? City could eventually become the first club managed from space.
    He could at least pay for Dai Hunt to be the first Cardiffian in space, no return.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Not according to the DML brigade, despite the fact that a number of posters have been saying this for years!
    To be fair if a number of posters have been saying this for years and we've been nowhere near losing our place in the league, in fact we're usually flirting with the playoffs, then it shows that those posters were wrong doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    He could at least pay for Dai Hunt to be the first Cardiffian in space, no return.
    Dai was on the Sports phone in on BBC Radio Wales after the game yesterday. It's amazing how lucid he sounds away from the ground. He told an incredulous story of how he was speaking to Tomlin and Tomlin told him he'd never play for Mick McCarthy. By this, I think he meant McCarthy had told him, Tomlin, that he'd never play for the club again. The truth or bullsh*t ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Dai was on the Sports phone in on BBC Radio Wales after the game yesterday. It's amazing how lucid he sounds away from the ground. He told an incredulous story of how he was speaking to Tomlin and Tomlin told him he'd never play for Mick McCarthy. By this, I think he meant McCarthy had told him, Tomlin, that he'd never play for the club again. The truth or bullsh*t ?
    You don't have to look fat between the lines to know MM has no interest in using Tomlin.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    You don't have to look fat between the lines to know MM has no interest in using Tomlin.
    Sadly, you are probably right. I just find it incredulous though that Tomlin would open up to Dai Hunt about the comings and goings on at the club. I guess Tomlin doesn't give a flying one....

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Some names?

I just want our owner to realise that the people he puts in positions of power at this club are costing him far more to run this club than it should do. To realise that he should have had a far greater return on the money he has paid.

Ridiculous to ask for names but let's go and get Man City's owners why don't we.
    Well that's not going to happen. I agree Tan has done things the wrong way and it's confusing into why he doesn't look like changing the ways the club operates surely by now he's wiser in regards to running a football club..
    That said i am glad we have him at the club rather than the piss artist Hammam and a few other clowns who have messed up football clubs..

Cheers for the reply blue lewj

Cheers for the reply blue lewj
    You’re getting weirder by the week.

Question: had you ever heard of Vincent Tan before he bought into Cardiff City FC?

I certainly hadn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    At our level we're gonna win and lose games, this hoofball "success" was never going to last. Surely its better to do it while watching better football? Long term, our first team playing like the younger teams will also make it easier to bring kids through.. Oh look.. Longtermism
    At which level don't teams "win and lose games"?

Feedback

Helpful as that's where mick likes to play his football

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Dai or has Jason Mohammed called him (David ) also pointed out that Harris was sacked after 6 defeats, if David has spoken , and thinks Mick should go , the writing is very much on the wall for MM.

TBF I thought he spoke well ,he clearly loves the City .

You’re getting weirder by the week.

Question: had you ever heard of Vincent Tan before he bought into Cardiff City FC?

I certainly hadn’t.
    I asked blue lewj a question not you.. Nothing weird about that.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    To be fair if a number of posters have been saying this for years and we've been nowhere near losing our place in the league, in fact we're usually flirting with the playoffs, then it shows that those posters were wrong doesn't it?
    Not at all. We haven’t built the basis of sustainable success.

I asked blue lewj a question not you.
    I’ve asked you a question. Care to answer it?

Lyrics to Hello by The Beloved?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Dai or has Jason Mohammed called him (David ) also pointed out that Harris was sacked after 6 defeats, if David has spoken , and thinks Mick should go , the writing is very much on the wall for MM.

TBF I thought he spoke well ,he clearly loves the City .
    I remember Dai Hunt from Whitchurch Comp '70-75. He was definitely David Hunt back in those days. I'm not sure when the name change occurred

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Lyrics to Hello by The Beloved?
    😂😂

I’ve asked you a question. Care to answer it?
    Why should i answer to you? Who do you think you are? I asked blue lewj a question but you jumped on and answered thinking your important.

Why should i answer to you?
    You don't have to answer my question, Stockholm, and I can understand why you don't want to. After all, doing so would highlight how dumb your question was.

Warnock after Boro's defeat at Reading:

"It's terrible really. I've been in the game 42 years and this group of Championship referees at the minute is probably the worst I have ever come across."

Doesn't he say then same thing every year?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    At which level don't teams "win and lose games"?
    I had a point but its gone now...

You don't have to answer my question, Stockholm, and I can understand why you don't want to. After all, doing so would highlight how dumb your question was.

The question was clearly not for you so don't reply..
    I hardly club bash and i don't want a new owner so the question you made trying to be a smart arse is pointless