+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: "Excellent" defenders found wanting again as McCarthy's men race towards the bottom.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: "Excellent" defenders found wanting again as McCarthy's men race towards the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I’ve not got a clue of the exact position we were in, but we were on a good run of results and in the too six, so fourth sounds right.

I have a mental image of the league table in the programme showing Swindon at the bottom of the table, but I imagine that could be me just trying to make the story look better - they were definitely in the relegation zone though, so, again, you may well be right.
    When you get around to researching the book Bob, it would be interesting where both teams positions in the league were. On that game though we looked certs for relegation and Swindon definitely promotion candidates

Re: "Excellent" defenders found wanting again as McCarthy's men race towards the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    When you get around to researching the book Bob, it would be interesting where both teams positions in the league were. On that game though we looked certs for relegation and Swindon definitely promotion candidates
    Yes, we went for a quiet pre match pint at a pub some way from the ground and got talking to some locals, we were very cocky about the outcome and there wasn’t any disagreement from the Swindon fans.