Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
This defeat was the culmination of several poor performances.
Is it the manager, or has the team finally been found wanting? Is the board to blame with a lack of a long term vision?
I dont think things can carry on like this. I was accepting a mid table season, but we could easily be dragged into a relegation battle.
What the hell do we do?
The final sentence of the above post sums it up. The squad is a mess, our football is one dimensional, we have wasted the funds we had available and our players can't think of anything other than to hoof the ball upfield. Even our £11m player was not exactly in high demand and ended up on loan to a team no better than us. That to me epitomises how money has been wasted

Changing the manager is not a solution however as any new incumbent would inherit a squad with absolutely zero creativity. The earliest a change can be made is in January but even then where are the funds for effectively four or five players who can adopt adopt a new style of play? The kids we are playing are not yet ready and perhaps some will never be. Saturday against Blackburn was embarrassing.

Basically we are in a mess and there are no easy solutions. Some have suggested in other threads we should plan for the future and accept relegation in order to regroup. That is no solution as you have to look at some of the sides in League 1 such as Sunderland and Bolton who have not found life easy in League 1.

What the hell do we do was the question. The answer is there are no immediate solutions.