+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Next Manager

Next Manager

Having looked at the next few games I can't see us getting much at all.
    Not even our happy clappers can rescue this situation.

If our board are consistent with what they've done previously then Mick will be gone.
    They'll change nothing, blame the outgoing manager and bring in a new guy.

So, who would you lot like if/when Mick departs?

Also, who do you think the brains trust at CCFC will pick?

Re: Next Manager

Steve Morrison and Bellers .

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post

If our board are consistent with what they've done previously then Mick will be gone.

Bamba ?

Quote Originally Posted by aclem View Post
    Bamba ?
    La

I'd like to see us go with a young foreign manger full of bright ideas. Not got a clue who I'd go for though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I'd like to see us go with a young foreign manger full of bright ideas. Not got a clue who I'd go for though.
    That's alright. Neither do the club

That's alright. Neither do the club
    No decent manager who wants to try and play at least a little bit of football will want to take over this squad, little pace, no width, next to no creativity.
    We though Warnock left a mess of a squad but at least it had options. I honestly can't see how a new manager can even mix it up with what we have available.
    That's why for me it's Morison until January, if we want to progress and not play long ball with the midfield we have then we will have to rely on the youth players making an impact until January. I doubt anyone knows those youth players better than Morison.
    Although I would say it should be a temporary appointment until someone comes available.

So frustrating the club didn't do as planned and keep MM until the end of last season. They had months to find the right appointment but instead panicked and gave him a 2 year deal.

Bring back

It's getting to the point where I think Bellamy would be a viable option, that shows how deep in the shit we really are.

A mad crazy manager from Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Steve Morrison and Bellers .
    Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    It's getting to the point where I think Bellamy would be a viable option, that shows how deep in the shit we really are.
    No way Bellers would take the job with his present health issues! He’s resigned from his coaching job in Holland. We need to replace Dalman with an experienced Director of Football and let him appoint our new Manager.

Are they playing or coaching?

Les Dennis and Dustin Gee

One spends the game in the dugout pissed , the other princess up and down doing his impression of Larry Grayson

I predict a play off place

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    No way Bellers would take the job with his present health issues! He’s resigned from his coaching job in Holland. We need to replace Dalman with an experienced Director of Football and let him appoint our new Manager.
    Dalman will go for Gary Neville or something insane like it….who was the bloke they employed after Ole?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    It was Belgium (Anderlecht).

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Are they playing or coaching?
    Just ignoring what's in front of them.

Chris wilder would be my choice he was willing to speak to Forest who are as much of a basket case as us but the committee will get a hoofball manager no other club would touch so expect Tony Pulis

Quote Originally Posted by jord1927 View Post
    Chris wilder would be my choice he was willing to speak to Forest who are as much of a basket case as us but the committee will get a hoofball manager no other club would touch so expect Tony Pulis
    Good call.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Good call.
    When Warnock was sacked we had a great opportunity to appoint a decent manager. Presently the club will only attract someone at the end of their career, desperate for a job, or someone from the lower leagues looking for the next step.
    My opinion is that City will not budge with McCarthy until his contract is up then we will end up with another “basket case” appointment from the board with zero knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by jord1927 View Post
    Would that be a full house in ‘Hoofball Bingo’?

Steve morison 100%
    the u23s play a lovely brand of football, and with so many of them coming into the first team he will at least know them well.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    When Warnock was sacked we had a great opportunity to appoint a decent manager. Presently the club will only attract someone at the end of their career, desperate for a job, or someone from the lower leagues looking for the next step.
    My opinion is that City will not budge with McCarthy until his contract is up then we will end up with another “basket case” appointment from the board with zero knowledge
    Personally think he was the right manager at the time

Imagine giving a football playing manager this squad - we would have sank like a stone.

He is doing crap but what is required. Bring through youth and allow the transition from our older players and ensure we stay in the league

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Personally think he was the right manager at the time

Imagine giving a football playing manager this squad - we would have sank like a stone.

He is doing crap but what is required. Bring through youth and allow the transition from our older players and ensure we stay in the league
    yeah, we are t in a position to go up in this season or next, the most we can ask for is to stabilise in mid table and bring through some youngsters while we cycle out the high wage players.
    I think Mick is doing basically that.
    it's a bit of a come down from what we are used to bit it was always going to be the case.