+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Next Manager

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Next Manager

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Would be surprised if Wilder came anywhere near us but would be the best we can hope for I think.
    Why would it surprise you? He's talked to Forest hasn't he? He was in league 1 with Sheff Utd, it's not like we'd be poaching an established top flight manager.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Why would it surprise you? He's talked to Forest hasn't he? He was in league 1 with Sheff Utd, it's not like we'd be poaching an established top flight manager.
    Just think he'd be looking for a club with a bit more ambition than us. Forest are a bigger club, sounds like he had a chat with them and walked away due to a lack of transfer budget/wage budget as well. I think it'd be even worse here. Not saying it's impossible but it'd surprise me.

But I agree with the above poster that it'll have to get really bad for Mick to get the sack, maybe lose the next 3 culminating with a defeat at the jacks and starting to fall close to the relegation zone. I think WBA and Reading are both teams we'll do ok against though in terms of style so probably win one of the two this week and he won't come under much pressure whilst we're 14th.

Knowing our luck, it’ll be Ian Holloway

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Sadly it could be worse than him

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    He loves us too, I love his accent.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    He loves us too, I love his accent.
    Unpopular opinion on a Cardiff City messageboard.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Just think he'd be looking for a club with a bit more ambition than us. Forest are a bigger club, sounds like he had a chat with them and walked away due to a lack of transfer budget/wage budget as well. I think it'd be even worse here. Not saying it's impossible but it'd surprise me.

But I agree with the above poster that it'll have to get really bad for Mick to get the sack, maybe lose the next 3 culminating with a defeat at the jacks and starting to fall close to the relegation zone. I think WBA and Reading are both teams we'll do ok against though in terms of style so probably win one of the two this week and he won't come under much pressure whilst we're 14th.
    How are Forest a bigger club than us? They've not played in the Premier League for over 20 years.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    How are Forest a bigger club than us? They've not played in the Premier League for over 20 years.
    Forest have won one League title, two FA Cups, four League Cups, one FA Charity Shield, two European Cups, and one UEFA Super Cup. The club has competed in the top two tiers of English football since their admission to the Football League, with the exception of five seasons in the third tier.

... hope that helps