+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Next Manager

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Next Manager

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Do you think the first team would "play a lovely brand of football" if Steve Morison took over?
    You would hope he would try and get the best out of some of the youth players who need to come up with MM stripping the squad of any pace and Wingers.
    Until. January it makes sense to me.

It's been commented the U23s play very differently to the first team.

Let's not pretend it wouldn't be a huge risk, but until January I think a risk worth taking.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    You would hope he would try and get the best out of some of the youth players who need to come up with MM stripping the squad of any pace and Wingers.

Let's not pretend it wouldn't be a huge risk, but until January I think a risk worth taking.
    I don't think we are in the position we need to make a change that quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post

The Under-23s also play against very different opposition to the first team.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    The Under-23s also play against very different opposition to the first team.
    Of course and that's why I said it would be a huge risk. In an ideal world the youth teams and the first team would play a similar way which would make the transition easier for the youth players. I guess that's why a lot of big clubs bring in former players who know the style of the club.