+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Next Manager

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Next Manager

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
    Brilliant post, sums up my own thoughts perfectly.

It's a very fair point about our general failure to improve players, too. In the last 3 to 4 years, the only player I can think of that left us as a better player than when he signed is possibly Etheridge, and even that would have been down to Andy Dibble as opposed to the general coaching setup.
    how many players even COULD have improved?
    if we were signing players at or past their peak then they're extremely unlikely to improve.
    hoilett, Bamba etc

if we have a strategy to sign more players who CAN improve now then we might start seeing it happen more often

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I don't agree. we've seen Murphy enough times to know what he offers. yes he'd probably improve us right now, but at a cost and what would we get for that money? we aren't going to suddenly become promotion candidates with him here, or relegation candidates without him. if we finished 9th instead of 14 th with him then what's the point
    we won't be offering him another year so just move on and let Preston pay his wages.
    if the long term aim is for Steve Morrison to take over, have him work alongside Mick, to bring in the kind of player that he wants then he can take over then Mick is out of contract. succession planning
    The idea of getting Murphy back is on the premise that we’d be looking to play a style more in keeping with his strengths. It would be for half a season and if a new manager playing a different style doesn’t like him, then he could let him go. However, if it works out, then there’s the chance of resigning a player without a transfer fee. The alternative would be to fork out money that could be used elsewhere.
    Given that Murphy has had to endure three hoofball managers, then I think that it would be worth a shot and could save money if it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    The idea of getting Murphy back is on the premise that we’d be looking to play a style more in keeping with his strengths. It would be for half a season and if a new manager playing a different style doesn’t like him, then he could let him go. However, if it works out, then there’s the chance of resigning a player without a transfer fee. The alternative would be to fork out money that could be used elsewhere.
    Given that Murphy has had to endure three hoofball managers, then I think that it would be worth a shot and could save money if it works out.
    we don't have a new manager though, and we aren't likely to before Christmas, even if we get battered tonight

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/10/1...the-age-of-40/

A few names there that could fit the bill.

Dunno why we have to go with obvious candidates.