Well , some people were very angry with me for warning of this outcome.
Warning it was though- though many insisted upon it being some very unpleasant malicious prediction.

In fact I was driven out of the forum effectively over the matter, and I shall indeed stay away .
Clever old Uncle Bob and his gang of ill mannered youngsters can continue their online bullying and completely ill informed punditry uninterrupted.

I returned not to gloat as some will no doubt suggest - perhaps this debacle was my fault for predicting the likely outcome in fact.
No, just to remind you that my original point that this was an obvious potential outcome of Mr McCarthys policy and most importantly there was no plan 'B'. Unfortunately I believe this to still be the case.

Well, I said we risked a couple of 5-0s followed by a meltdown if we couldn't brace the side in the event didn't I?
That hasn't happened yet so let's hope it doesn't . Just one so far but I remain most concerned that if this becomes this becomes a slide we will have no answer . Youngsters, no matter how talented are known for this risk and so is the remedy, but as I said seemed to me to be the danger that MM wasn't catering for it.

I can only suggest at this point that he starts looking closely at the free agent market and maybe brings a couple in to start training immediately. Let's see