+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glatzel doing well at Hamburg

Re: Glatzel doing well at Hamburg

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    There were similar scenarios with Magnus Eikrem, Juan Cala, Javi Guerra and Mats Dæhli.

In a home League cup thrashing 3-0 by Bournemouth on Sept 23, in one of the worst first half displays of the decade, all were in the squad - all bar Burgstaller played. Gabbidon and Young were our joint managers. Only Dæhli featured again on a handful of occasions, the rest never saw a match day squad again.
    Dont stir the Wolff ffs

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Best of luck to the guy but he had plenty of chances here and he couldn't cut the mustard. Maybe German League 2 isnt as physical as the Championship.
    Could be true. Players are probably technically better there. If the bottom of the Bundesliga isn't as good as the bottom of the Prem, I suspect the German 2nd tier isn't quite as high a standard as the Championship.

Could be true. Players are probably technically better there. If the bottom of the Bundesliga isn't as good as the bottom of the Prem, I suspect the German 2nd tier isn't quite as high a standard as the Championship.
    But they probably play a different style - not simply lumping it 40 yards forward and expect a lone striker to control, create and score

I would say 2 bundesliga is definitely weaker than the championship.

probably between championship and league one, better than SPL though.

I did have a good article saved that compared all the leagues by looking at various players stats before and after moving between leagues to see whether they increase or decrease on average. things like dribbles completed, pass completed, xT , tackles etc

I think the 2 bundesliga was pretty weak on that.
    premier League was the strongest, then Spain -i think France was very high too.
    I can't find the link to it though

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    But they probably play a different style - not simply lumping it 40 yards forward and expect a lone striker to control, create and score
    Maybe they do but that doesnt change the fact he was often weak at holding the ball up and bringing others into play and far from clinical with the chances he did get. There was signs of what he could do ie the goal against Leeds but they were very few and far between.

Ultimately he was replaced by Moore who got us 20 goals last season.

Lets not rewrite history about his time here just because hes scoring again in Germany.

A dud

He was no Calum Patterson

How many times was it said we dont play to his strengths. I still havent a clue what they were. He was ok at a few things. He wasnt strong. Not quick. Not a great strike on him.

Hes scored 2 headed goals. He certainly wasnt good on the air.

We may have benefitted from us if hes now scoring headers.

A terrible signing. But not as bad as Madine.

Is Eoin Doyle still knocking them in?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    How many times was it said we dont play to his strengths. I still havent a clue what they were. He was ok at a few things. He wasnt strong. Not quick. Not a great strike on him.

Hes scored 2 headed goals. He certainly wasnt good on the air.

We may have benefitted from us if hes now scoring headers.

Is Eoin Doyle still knocking them in?
    I bet he would have got one with his head with Giles in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Or Bogle. Or Vassell. Or Chamakh. Or Niasse.

As it goes, Glatzel was just about the best striker Warnock signed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

Hoilett was his best forward signing .

Yeah but the board wouldnt sanction Ollie Watkins.😂

Great to see him doing so well, it does call into question how good the Bundesliga 1/2 is against our top 2 league's

in the 58 years its operated Bayern dominate winning 30 titles nearest then are a few on 5 wins

Titles won.

Bayern Munich (30)
    Borussia Dortmund (5)
    Borussia Mönchengladbach (5)
    Werder Bremen (4)
    Hamburger SV (3)
    VfB Stuttgart (3)

There were similar scenarios with Magnus Eikrem, Juan Cala, Javi Guerra and Mats Dæhli.

In a home League cup thrashing 3-0 by Bournemouth on Sept 23, in one of the worst first half displays of the decade, all were in the squad - all bar Burgstaller played. Gabbidon and Young were our joint managers. Only Dæhli featured again on a handful of occasions, the rest never saw a match day squad again.
    Not forgetting Jo Inge Begret too. One start in the FA Cup and a late substitute appearance in the league being the sum total of his City career.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    https://www.r-bloggers.com/2021/06/q...ague-strength/

here's the article in case anyone is interested.
    there are significant challenges in trying to do this sort of thing which are openly discussed here.

Another goal for Glatzel this weekend - he scored in Hamburg's 1-1 draw with Fortuna Dusseldorf. That's 7 goals he's netted in 11 appearances for the Bundesliga 2 side.

Another goal for Glatzel this weekend - he scored in Hamburg's 1-1 draw with Fortuna Dusseldorf. That's 7 goals he's netted in 11 appearances for the Bundesliga 2 side.
    Still wouldn’t score here

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Still wouldn’t score here
    Highly unlikely under McCarthy's management, although he was never given the chance.

One thing's for sure - he couldn't have scored any less than Messrs Moore and Collins have managed in the last ten games.

Highly unlikely under McCarthy's management, although he was never given the chance.

One thing's for sure - he couldn't have scored any less than Messrs Moore and Collins have managed in the last ten games.
    Haaland would struggle in our team

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Haaland would struggle in our team
    Did Moore even have a chance today, even a half chance

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Did Moore even have a chance today, even a half chance
    One shot at goal I think, first half. No doubting that Moore's is a thankless task at present, but strikers do have to make chances for themselves at times and he just doesn't look capable right now.

One shot at goal I think, first half. No doubting that Moore's is a thankless task at present, but strikers do have to make chances for themselves at times and he just doesn't look capable right now.
    Very versatile though, in old money he played outside right, inside right, centre forward, inside left & outside left today

Mick has got rid of anyone who can play the ball on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Mick has got rid of anyone who can play the ball on the floor.
    To be fair to Moore he played a wonderful ‘unCity’ like ball through to Giles for the miss.