+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Always loved Hereford Away

Re: Always loved Hereford Away

Quote Originally Posted by Llanishen Bull View Post
    The big away following was 1996. We made the play offs despite losing that game. Lost in the play offs, you took Steve White off us (we were a financial basket case). 6 months later White scored both goals in your 2-0 win. We got relegated.

We might get back one day, for now it would be nice to not have every away game hundreds of miles away oop north, but I'd rather get that by promotion to conf national that relegation back to the southern league.

Off to Merstham (no, I hadn't heard of it either) tomorrow in the Cup. It's near Redhill and doable on the train from Cardiff. Happy days, hopefully! Good luck against the world's dullest team, Reading.
    Best of luck to you , I have a real soft spot for Hereford

Is that DIY garden centre type thing still going near the train station ?

Some chaps from Edgar Street were wanting a chat with me on the walk back to the station so I had a browse in there

For an hour

Re: Always loved Hereford Away

When I was a kid I had to rely on my uncles for lifts to games, one supported City, the other Hereford, so for around 5 years in the early 70s I did alternate weeks at NP & Edgar St. Great times, especially as it was boom time for Hereford. Met John Charles on numerous occasions, total gentleman. Got a couple of trial games for them in 78, but never made the grade.