+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: City v wolves mid eighties?

City v wolves mid eighties?

Sure it was a city win on a sunny day at Ninian park. Wolves scored and this lone wolves fan decided to celebrate, he was stood at the front of the Bob bank, peering through the chain link fence. About 30 seconds after he celebrated, he was set on by a group of city fans who beat the shit out of him. The police were on the pitch perimeter, so couldn't react quickly. The poor bloke took one hell of a beating, that seemed to go on forever.

Anyone else remember this incident? I must've been about 14 years old, and it really shocked me to witness that level of violence against one man.

Re: City v wolves mid eighties?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Sure it was a city win on a sunny day at Ninian park. Wolves scored and this lone wolves fan decided to celebrate, he was stood at the front of the Bob bank, peering through the chain link fence. About 30 seconds after he celebrated, he was set on by a group of city fans who beat the shit out of him. The police were on the pitch perimeter, so couldn't react quickly. The poor bloke took one hell of a beating, that seemed to go on forever.

Anyone else remember this incident? I must've been about 14 years old, and it really shocked me to witness that level of violence against one man.
    We played wolves on a sunny Saturday not long after wolves fans had been banned from attending away matches after basically tearing Scarborough to bits on the first day of the season

No wolves fans were supposed to be in the ground that day but I am sure a few sneaked in

If you remember there being no away fans present it could have been that day .

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    We played wolves on a sunny Saturday not long after wolves fans had been banned from attending away matches after basically tearing Scarborough to bits on the first day of the season

No wolves fans were supposed to be in the ground that day but I am sure a few sneaked in

If you remember there being no away fans present it could have been that day .
    You could well be right. About 1986?

You could well be right. About 1986?
    September 1987 - Cardiff 3 Wolves 2.

I remember that. There weren't usually too many people on the Bob Bank back then. And it was a bit silly to celebrate like that in those days. But you had to feel sorry for the guy.

Wasn’t that about the same-time we played swansea in august and it was chaos? That was my first year following us, quite a baptism of fire

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I remember that. There weren't usually too many people on the Bob Bank back then. And it was a bit silly to celebrate like that in those days. But you had to feel sorry for the guy.
    All football fans in groups are potentially cowards and bullies; nothing to be proud about for the City supporters/thugs in this instance.

At the end of the day wolves fans were banned for disorder at a previous game

This bloke decides to come down to cardiff

And goes into the home end

And celebrates when his team score

I don't have any sympathy for him really

I look at those last four sentences and think someone would be perfectly safe doing that in most sports, why is football different?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I look at those last four sentences and think someone would be perfectly safe doing that in most sports, why is football different?
    It’s much more important than a sport to a lot of people, I s’pose.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It's tribal

It obviously wasn't always like this and it's not as bad as it was .......and it shouldn't be like this either

But it is

Let's be fair the City lads who battered him are bigger knobheads than the Wolves lad.

Of course he's a silly Wolves fuucker but come on butt. The lads lamping him are snide ****ers.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Wasn’t that about the same-time we played swansea in august and it was chaos? That was my first year following us, quite a baptism of fire
    It was a bank holiday and we won 1-0. It seemed like we hardly ever beat them back then. Scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Let's be fair the City lads who battered him are bigger knobheads than the Wolves lad.

Of course he's a silly Wolves fuucker but come on butt. The lads lamping him are snide ****ers.
    There's no honour in violence

All this only lads fight other lads etc is bollocks , the soul crew arriving at Birmingham New Street in 1995 scared the crap out of everybody , not just the zulus