+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 4 W.B.A.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v W.B.A. Match thread

Room for improvement.

Has he gone yet?

His selection is like panic buyer defenders as someone mentioned there was a shortage!

0-4 FT

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    That's not on Mick... We need a clear out with everyone involved in the first team. Players, board, transfer committee, managers etc.
    It's rotten. The players have quit on two managers in less than a year.

Not one shot on target.

Surprising with such an attacking starting XI.

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    what's Mr Tumble doing these days..?
    He won't be signing anything if he comes here.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    He won't be signing anything if he comes here.
    It all makes sense now.

Mick picked that starting team on his Tumble Tab.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Not one shot on target.
    What about Neilson’s goal that was on target shirley

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    What about Neilson’s goal that was on target shirley
    Edit, that was a woosh

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I bet we win, it would be the most Cardiff thing in the world to win this 1-0
    you're a f**king idiot mate

problems started long ago signing players like bacuna on 5 year contracts...

i was slightly enjoying the football when we had wilson creating running and scoring... not signing him was a shocker

wow just watched the goals again, hard to take

gutted

Look forward to some pearls of wisdom in the post match interview.
    I think that might have proved that teams have indeed worked us out.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post

i was slightly enjoying the football when we had wilson creating running and scoring... not signing him was a shocker

gutted
    Did you really think that we were going to sign Wilson?

We're now 16th in the table and 7 of the clubs currently below us play tomorrow.

Give the job to Steve Morrison until the new year, see what other options are available come December?

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post

gutted
    not signing Wilson?
    Fulham paid 12 million for him.
    we don't have that kind of Money any more

Whatever anyone thinks of him and his brand of football, the fact is that Mick McCarthy is a hugely experienced manager. Therefore, the thing that puzzles me most about this evening's events is what he was hoping to achieve with his starting line-up. It looked ridiculous to each and every one of us, so what was he doing?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Whatever anyone thinks of him and his brand of football, the fact is that Mick McCarthy is a hugely experienced manager. Therefore, the thing that puzzles me most about this evening's events is what he was hoping to achieve with his starting line-up. It looked ridiculous to each and every one of us, so what was he doing?
    Sticking two fingers up to the club before he gets sacked.

The only answer I can conjure up at the moment is, "**** knows"

That's one of the worst 90 minutes I've sat through. You can forgive a bad run of form, what you can't forgive is the utter tactical ineptitude we saw on display tonight.

Two centre backs playing at wing back, a holding midfielder at number 10, an entire bench of players better than the players on the pitch and the sheer bloody mindedness of sticking with a formation that's been complete shit all season.

I couldn't fault anyone's effort tonight really, it was a combination of some players being played out of position, some that are lacking in confidence and some that just aren't bloody good enough. Whoever comes in is going to have a big job on their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Sticking two fingers up to the club before he gets sacked.
    If I was a betting man I would guess it is exactly that.

Devil's advocate: perhaps he didn't want the young lads thrown to the slaughter (while not being happy with Ng) and wanted more strength to deal with opposition?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Devil's advocate: perhaps he didn't want the young lads thrown to the slaughter (while not being happy with Ng) and wanted more strength to deal with opposition?
    I can't believe that they've been practising all week with 5 CH's and still turn in a performance that bad.

I wonder if he's ever put 5 CH's out before and how well it went.

This smacks of last minute desperation.

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 4 W.B.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    It looked to me like he wanted to lose, but I'm sure he didn't. Beforehand, defeat looked likely regardless of the team he picked, but it looked certain once the team sheets were in.

I'm not suggesting anything untoward went on. I'm just puzzled as regards what Mad Mick was trying to achieve with such a weird line-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus_Mills View Post
    Give the job to Steve Morrison until the new year, see what other options are available come December?
    can't do any worse at this point. probably has a better idea on how to implement the kids