+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gutted

Gutted

With apologies for the self-indulgent post but having tested positive for Covid yesterday, for only the second time since April 2013, my son and I will be missing a home game tonight (including all cup games and friendlies). There are obviously far worse things that happen in life however, it's going to feel so weird not being there tonight (and on Saturday). Like many on here, I'm not enjoying the football in any way at present and feared the worst when MM was given the new contract. Saying that, it's part of our life and when the clock shows 19:45 tonight I'll be gutted we're not in our seats.

On a related note, as season ticket holders do we get to watch the game on City TV, or as I assume, was that only during the first lockdown?

Re: Gutted

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    With apologies for the self-indulgent post but having tested positive for Covid yesterday, for only the second time since April 2013, my son and I will be missing a home game tonight (including all cup games and friendlies). There are obviously far worse things that happen in life however, it's going to feel so weird not being there tonight (and on Saturday). Like many on here, I'm not enjoying the football in any way at present and feared the worst when MM was given the new contract. Saying that, it's part of our life and when the clock shows 19:45 tonight I'll be gutted we're not in our seats.

On a related note, as season ticket holders do we get to watch the game on City TV, or as I assume, was that only during the first lockdown?

The game is on Sky.

Stay safe

Been told it’s on the red button if you got Sky

Thanks but I don't have Sky.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Stay safe

Been told it’s on the red button if you got Sky
    Cheers

Look after yourself and your family

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Look after yourself and your family
    Thank you. My daughter caught it in school (where it seems rife) so it was inevitable really.

Thank you. My daughter caught it in school (where it seems rife) so it was inevitable really.
    What school, if you don’t mind me asking, please ?

Hope you are all soon OK 👌

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    What school, if you don’t mind me asking, please ?
    No problem, it's Ysgol Gyfun Cwm Rhymni, in the Rhymney Valley. Can't comment for other areas in south Wales, but reports of lots of cases in schools around here.

I've missed 2 first team games at the stadium 1 I was at a wedding and 1 I couldn't get a shift swap for.
    I missed 3 at Ninian since 1999 2 on holiday and 1 I was ill.
    Plus all the covid games of course.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    I've missed 2 first team games at the stadium 1 I was at a wedding and 1 I couldn't get a shift swap for.
    I missed 3 at Ninian since 1999 2 on holiday and 1 I was ill.
    Plus all the covid games of course.
    Fair play, that's impressive.

Yes, I didn't include the Covid games. The only other one we missed was the home game to Sunderland in January 2018 (4-0 too, typical), due to an unplanned trip to the hospital.

Apologies, wrong topic

Sorry to hear your news. If you go to this link https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...west-brom-live you can buy an official stream for £10.

There’s loads of us looking at the rain out of our windows before leaving wishing we’d mixed with you recently

Thanks but I don't have Sky.
    It will be on Radio Wales for free. I hope you don't have too many symptoms and make a quick recovery.

WJ99mobile will be asking for a stream later. Jump on that thread and you'll have a working link

Swift recovery with the recovery.

OT I was seeing a girl from up Rumney years back, hell of a potch to get to without a driving license!!

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    WJ99mobile will be asking for a stream later. Jump on that thread and you'll have a working link

OT I was seeing a girl from up Rumney years back, hell of a potch to get to without a driving license!!
    Straight up Rummy ‘ill

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Straight up Rummy ‘ill
    The old 19 used go there from Culverhouse Cross

I’m at the game you cheeky bugger

Quote Originally Posted by NottinghamBlue View Post
    Sorry to hear your news. If you go to this link https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...west-brom-live you can buy an official stream for £10.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    There’s loads of us looking at the rain out of our windows before leaving wishing we’d mixed with you recently
    You haven't heard my jokes. The bar is very low!

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    It will be on Radio Wales for free. I hope you don't have too many symptoms and make a quick recovery.
    Yes thanks. I often listen to the away games on Radio Wales. Hopefully it will be Rob Phillips and Blakey.

Thanks