+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Felt for the players tonight

Felt for the players tonight

I don't know whether there was a pre-planned agenda from some sections of our supporters, but to start booing your own players 10 minutes into a game was in my opinion, awful.

Re: Felt for the players tonight

They are professional footballers..If there were any leaders on the pitch they'd stop playing aimless balls out of play and try something different. Managers take all the stick and the players always get off scot-free. Most of them don't deserve to wear that shirt

Exactly.

Don't want to take shit? Stop playing like Sunday League players some time soon.

I felt sorry for them, not because of the fans but because they were clearly sent out with no plan. No one on the pitch looked comfortable.

Yeah it's harsh. Multiple players out of position, others just lacking confidence cause the set up doesn't suit them (namely the main 3 CBs out of the 5 on display tonight).

Only positive is that fan reception might get Mick binned off sooner rather than later. Harris benefitted from not having fans around during our first winless run last season, hopefully Mick is gone in the morning after the reception tonight

They were shite mind.
    Bacuna should never put on a cardiff shirt again.
    Dylan Phillips should have been subbed

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I felt sorry for them, not because of the fans but because they were clearly sent out with no plan. No one on the pitch looked comfortable.
    There was clearly a plan.
    Win the ball when they could
    Pass it back to the keeper and he would kick it up to the WBA players , they would then attack again.
    So much fun.

I felt for the youngsters although these are the spells you can call on further down your career for your experience, some of them are young lads it is going to be tough for them. Some would say what maketh the man may need to be tough and consternation among fans needs to be aired

I feel for Harris and Colwill etc, they've been chucked in a lose lose situation. The senior players though need to carry a large portion of the blame, they've massively underperformed for the third season in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Yeah it's harsh. Multiple players out of position, others just lacking confidence cause the set up doesn't suit them (namely the main 3 CBs out of the 5 on display tonight).

Only positive is that fan reception might get Mick binned off sooner rather than later. Harris benefitted from not having fans around during our first winless run last season, hopefully Mick is gone in the morning after the reception tonight
    The two who are playing out of position that worry me the most are vaulks and bacuna - they are so out of position as they are actually on the pitch - shouldn't be anywhere near the first team

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    The two who are playing out of position that worry me the most are vaulks and bacuna - they are so out of position as they are actually on the pitch - shouldn't be anywhere near the first team
    No other options cause the board in its infinite wisdom loaned out Wintle. Both need moving on next summer, pretty sure they’re both out of contract

They’re on thousands a week, and you mean to tell me that’s the best they can do? Aimless long balls all game hoping for a throw in?

I felt more for the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    There was clearly a plan.
    Win the ball when they could
    Pass it back to the keeper and he would kick it up to the WBA players , they would then attack again.
    So much fun.
    This newish law of not passing the ball forward from the kick off is benefiting the City tremendously, we can get it back to our ‘keeper so much quicker.

They would have been a discussion on who to mark ,where to position oneself in defence and attack ,those players who were not in a natural position still have the skills to perform to a basic standard, where as a minimum they compete, tackle and pass accurately , currently they look like they can't be bothered which suggests they have decided not to play for the manager .

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    No other options cause the board in its infinite wisdom loaned out Wintle. Both need moving on next summer, pretty sure they’re both out of contract
    We had Ralls on the bench we have Bowen and sang who given time would contribute more in there than vaulks and bacuna and pack has done okay. We then have Evans and colwell for where bacuna is playing or we play Collins and moore up top - plenty of options but not brave enough

Scenario for me at the moment is that we dive into a relegation scrap with sh*t experienced players and the youngster rot away and disappear on the bench or not even playing or we have kids with something to prove which may work or not but at least we may develop a plan for future

At the moment we are faced with a relegation scrap so something has to change

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    This newish law of not passing the ball forward from the kick off is benefiting the City tremendously, we can get it back to our ‘keeper so much quicker.
    Who hoofed it upfield and possession was lost as a result. Masterstroke.

It wasn't the best way to start the evenings entertainment was it

It looked like they had put a Red carpet down, the way it opened up to pass it back

I feel sorry for the players that actually have some technical ability but have to be a part of this shit show every week. Guys like Tom Sang and Sam Bowen who actually have the balls to show for it and try and do something positive with it, instead of just passing it to the keeper or giving it the Happy Gilmore treatment. It's no surprise that players like Bobby Reid were desperate to get away from here.

As someone posted in another thread, guys like Flint and Nelson deserve all the criticism they get because they take the easy way out every time they have the ball. There's no bravery or sense of responsibility there.

The other problem is that having 3 hoofball merchants at the back sets the entire template of how we play. You can criticize Neil Harris all day long but at least he recognized this. Shipping out Aden Flint was one of the few decisions he got spot on.

And then you add in the fact that most of these guys are out of contract, and are realizing they're unlikely to get a new one. It all makes for a perfect storm.

There was nothing in last night's match that suggested the players weren't putting in anything other than 100%. I'm as critical of this squad as the rest - probably more- I said they should be playing on Pontcanna, but IMHO booing should be reserved for lack of effort.

Off the back of 4 defeats, having the home support singing in unison with your opponents supporters was for me, anyway, unpleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    There was nothing in last night's match that suggested the players weren't putting in anything other than 100%. I'm as critical of this squad as the rest - probably more- I said they should be playing on Pontcanna, but IMHO booing should be reserved for lack of effort.

Off the back of 4 defeats, having the home support singing in unison with your opponents supporters was for me, anyway, unpleasant.
    Come off it, no player put any effort in last night, West Brom didn't have to get out of first gear to wallop us, it was pathetic

There was nothing in last night's match that suggested the players weren't putting in anything other than 100%.
    Did you see Vaulks as Grant lined up to shoot for West Brom's first goal? To describe his effort as half-hearted would be kind. It was embarrassing. Try to watch a replay if you can. Vaulks' attempt to block the shot (if that's what it was) is pictured in this BBC report.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58633725

Bacuna looked disinterested all night. If that was him putting in 100%, he should find another career.

Meanwhile, Morrison appears to have given up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Did you see Vaulks as Grant lined up to shoot for West Brom's first goal? To describe his effort as half-hearted would be kind. It was embarrassing. Try to watch a replay if you can. Vaulks' attempt to block the shot (if that's what it was) is pictured in this BBC report.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58633725

Bacuna looked disinterested all night. If that was him putting in 100%, he should find another career.

Meanwhile, Morrison appears to have given up.
    Bacuna's body language is awful , I'd admit, and Morrison is half the player he was. Vaulks flatters to deceive, and incredibly I'd have Ralls over him. It's just that the booing kicking off after 10 minutes was a bit harsh.

Bacuna's body language is awful , I'd admit, and Morrison is half the player he was. Vaulks flatters to deceive, and incredibly I'd have Ralls over him. It's just that the booing kicking off after 10 minutes was a bit harsh.
    In fairness, the booing wasn't just a result of the first ten minutes of last night's match. There were 270 minutes beforehand which were almost as grim.

As some of us having been saying for many months now, Mick McCarthy's abysmal style of football (and the styles of those who have gone before him) seems to be accepted if the team are competing and winning, but the writing was on the wall even before kick-off last night given the team selection. I'm not surprised people were pissed off.