+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's time for Dalman and Choo to go

It's time for Dalman and Choo to go

They are responsible for a succession of poor appointments that has left us in this mess and responsible for millions of Tans money being wasted. A motion of no confidence should surely be aimed at these people. They should not be allowed to preside over the appointment of another manager.

Re: It's time for Dalman and Choo to go

Yes. Nail on head.

I am afraid that the only person who is going to replace those individuals is Tan

Who it appears people don't like

They’ve also handled things off the pitch poorly and classless at times. Sol Bamba for one..

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I am afraid that the only person who is going to replace those individuals is Tan

Who it appears people don't like
    What difference does that make?

He either wants to keep this club on the downward trajectory it is on or put the brakes on that and get people in that know what they're doing. Whether people love, hate or are indifferent towards Tan makes little difference.

People churn out Tan wanting a return on investment. The amount this club is worth is decreasing all the time, in large part down to the people he trusts to run it.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    The amount this club is worth is decreasing all the time, in large part down to the people he trusts to run it.
    Absolutely right. They've cost him millions. How is he still letting them run his business?

What does he actually want now? If he's treading water waiting for a buyer he might find himself trying to sell a League One club with sub 10k attendances. If he does want to keep the club and be competitive at some point we need an actual, 21st century plan to do that. Either of those require a new board.

They're just doing what Tan has told them to do - save money. Fed up with subsidising players wages each month you get the impression Tan just told them to strip out as much as possible and use the U23 players to fill the gaps. With their shortcomings in football knowledge this is the result.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    They're just doing what Tan has told them to do - save money. Fed up with subsidising players wages each month you get the impression Tan just told them to strip out as much as possible and use the U23 players to fill the gaps. With their shortcomings in football knowledge this is the result.
    And therein lies the problem.

You don't save money to the extent that it could put you on the verge of League 1 and lose a large chunk of our home crowd into the bargain.

If he wants a club that is worth a small percentage of the one that had its stints in the Premier League then he is acting out the blueprint for it.

The issue is the arrogance of the owner and his belief he knows best. Can you imagine comparable teams like Brighton, Brentford or Crystal Palace being run part-time by a Chief Executive with no knowledge of football and a Chairman living abroad who at one time was more involved in planning the takeover of Charlton Athletic than running our club. Incredibly that duo along with the owner constitute the club’s transfer committee!

The structure at the football club is a shambles, there are amateur football clubs with more football knowledge on the board. Of all the disastrous decisions they’ve taken the failure to sack serial Premier League failure Warnock in May 2019 ranks as the worst and many of the club’s problems can be traced back to this.

Until such time as Tan accepts he doesn’t know what he’s doing and listens to football people who actually do then the club will continue its alarming rate of decline.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    And I will add that this is why applauding throwing in kids by hook or by crook on here helps this club very little.

Do we suddenly start producing players of the required standard all of a sudden over one pre season? Not at all if you've got any common sense.
    It is cost cutting in all it's measures along with the loaning out of players who maybe could have been used now.

I don't think Tan and the board have a feeling for how to run a club, I'm not sure they understand how quick a South Wales fan base can turn when they realise they're having the pi$$ taken out of them and I sadly don't think they ever learn to the degree needed from their mistakes.
    That is what happens when you surround yourselves with yes men and I firmly believe a lot of the managers installed are because they are yes men to Tan and his people in some capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    The issue is the arrogance of the owner and his belief he knows best. Can you imagine comparable teams like Brighton, Brentford or Crystal Palace being run part-time by a Chief Executive with no knowledge of football and a Chairman living abroad who at one time was more involved in planning the takeover of Charlton Athletic than running our club. Incredibly that duo along with the owner constitute the club’s transfer committee!

The structure at the football club is a shambles, there are amateur football clubs with more football knowledge on the board. Of all the disastrous decisions they’ve taken the failure to sack serial Premier League failure Warnock in May 2019 ranks as the worst and many of the club’s problems can be traced back to this.

Until such time as Tan accepts he doesn’t know what he’s doing and listens to football people who actually do then the club will continue its alarming rate of decline.
    Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post

Exactly that.

City fans have had the p*** taken out of them for some time now. The support used to have a backbone.

The people who speak out about this have been called Jacks and bed wetters to name a few. I think the people who bend over to take whatever shit this club serves up are closer to Jacks and bed wetter than the passionate fan who actually cares.

Funnily enough the same Tan and club apologists that have now gone quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    They’ve also handled things off the pitch poorly and classless at times. Sol Bamba for one..
    Sol Bamba?

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Absolutely right. They've cost him millions. How is he still letting them run his business?
    Does Vincent Tan let them run his business? Or are they merely following his orders? Everything I know about him would suggest the latter's the more likely scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Does Vincent Tan let them run his business? Or are they merely following his orders? Everything I know about him would suggest the latter's the more likely scenario.
    Maybe. Neither reflects well on him.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Exactly that.

City fans have had the p*** taken out of them for some time now. The support used to have a backbone.

The people who speak out about this have been called Jacks and bed wetters to name a few. I think the people who bend over to take whatever shit this club serves up are closer to Jacks and bed wetter than the passionate fan who actually cares.

Funnily enough the same Tan and club apologists that have now gone quiet.
    It's all very well slagging off Tan but are you aware of any consortium of rich investors waiting to take over Cardiff City ?

Because I think that until he sells the club we are stuck with him and whatever decisions he makes

If he makes another appointment that doesn't work out the fan base can have as much backbone as you like but it won't make a toss of difference

I was there on the march against Ridsdale and supporter meetings against the change to red but the backbone of our fans was , in the main , simply non existent and he walked all over us

It's all very well slagging off Tan but are you aware of any consortium of rich investors waiting to take over Cardiff City ?

Because I think that until he sells the club we are stuck with him and whatever decisions he makes

If he makes another appointment that doesn't work out the fan base can have as much backbone as you like but it won't make a toss of difference

I was there on the march against Ridsdale and supporter meetings against the change to red but the backbone of our fans was , in the main , simply non existent and he walked all over us
    In recent history he ie Tan mentioned people were interested in the club but it wasn't for sale.

Blue LewJ is another who lost his voice under a previous dodgy chairman but has now found it again Hhmmm

****ing hell Sludge. I'm depressed as it is, without dragging up the rebrand debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    In recent history he ie Tan mentioned people were interested in the club but it wasn't for sale.
    Hopefully Someone decent will take a punt but we need to stay clear of anything that Hammam , Langstone has anything to do with.
    Decent owners and a fresh start we need.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    ****ing hell Sludge. I'm depressed as it is, without dragging up the rebrand debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Blue LewJ is another who lost his voice under a previous dodgy chairman but has now found it again Hhmmm
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I lost my voice under a previous dodgy chairman?
    Did I?

News to me.

I find this recent campaign against dalman and Choo all a bit strange.
    I don't know what they do from day to day, and nor do the rest of us.
    yes they don't have a background in football, but that is the case in many clubs if you look into it.
    lots of directors of football even aren't former players
    they employ individuals with the expertise and have to trust their judgement. the same kind of situation exists in many industries.
    Warnock, Harris, McCarthy aren't the type of appointments that I would have made, but they were all decent championship managers, it's not as though they were putting unknowns in there.
    we are where we are now. we seem to have been proactive in stripping cost out, which is better than the alternative, and we are taking approaches to try to build for the future with youth players and younger signings being made.
    that's about all we can ask for right now.
    the premier League money is gone, we are adapting to a new world now and it'll take us fans time to accept the new reality.

I'm not sure what else you'd expect another board to do at this present time?
    perhaps being in a more progressive manager? but there are no risk free managerial appointments.

it just feels like some people want to criticize Tan or by association, any of "his men" and are taking our current malaise to do it.
    in reality the criticism should have been voiced over the last few years when we weren't trying to bring any youth through or sign players who could increase in value.
    we appear to be on a more sensible track now, so let's see where it goes

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I find this recent campaign against dalman and Choo all a bit strange.
    I don't know what they do from day to day, and nor do the rest of us.
    yes they don't have a background in football, but that is the case in many clubs if you look into it.
    lots of directors of football even aren't former players
    they employ individuals with the expertise and have to trust their judgement. the same kind of situation exists in many industries.
    Warnock, Harris, McCarthy aren't the type of appointments that I would have made, but they were all decent championship managers, it's not as though they were putting unknowns in there.
    we are where we are now. we seem to have been proactive in stripping cost out, which is better than the alternative, and we are taking approaches to try to build for the future with youth players and younger signings being made.
    that's about all we can ask for right now.
    the premier League money is gone, we are adapting to a new world now and it'll take us fans time to accept the new reality.

I'm not sure what else you'd expect another board to do at this present time?
    perhaps being in a more progressive manager? but there are no risk free managerial appointments.

it just feels like some people want to criticize Tan or by association, any of "his men" and are taking our current malaise to do it.
    in reality the criticism should have been voiced over the last few years when we weren't trying to bring any youth through or sign players who could increase in value.
    we appear to be on a more sensible track now, so let's see where it goes
    You say that people are employed with the expertise and that they have to trust their judgment. We, as a club, don't do that though.

Tan employs two men with no expertise in the positions they've been employed in. They then employ people below them with this lack of knowledge including the manager.
    They sit in on transfer negotiations, agree to them or block them as they see fit.

The owner and who he has running the football club has led to the very position we are in at the moment.