+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's time for Dalman and Choo to go

Re: It's time for Dalman and Choo to go

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    You say that people are employed with the expertise and that they have to trust their judgment. We, as a club, don't do that though.

Tan employs two men with no expertise in the positions they've been employed in. They then employ people below them with this lack of knowledge including the manager.
    They sit in on transfer negotiations, agree to them or block them as they see fit.

The owner and who he has running the football club has led to the very position we are in at the moment.
    We needed your type when we were nearly killed off by Sam/Langstone where were you then? Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    We needed your type when we were nearly killed off by Sam/Langstone where were you then? Hmmm
    Didn't Sam try to kill the club after he left?

Didn't Sam try to kill the club after he left?
    The debts, £1.5m when Hammam arrived, ballooned to almost £23m. His plan for the Bluebirds turned out not to be a blueprint at all; Cardiff had risen by borrowing excessively.

Hammam was also taking money out; City paid £300,000 to his company, Rudgwick, as a "management service charge". By May 2004, Cardiff's debts had risen to £31m, including £21.8m owed to Citibank. The club had nevertheless paid Rudgwick a further £583,333.
    31million debt which in todays money is probably close to 40 million.
    He never has cared a hoot for Cardiff City he threatened us with closure and he lied to us all about Langstone and he continues to hound the club for money. Yet the usual suspects want him back? You scouldn't make it up.
    Tan isn't the best but under Hammam we would possibly be going the same route as Derby and Sheff Wed.
    All i want is a decent owner for the team i support if that means no Tan or Sam then happy days

The debts, £1.5m when Hammam arrived, ballooned to almost £23m. His plan for the Bluebirds turned out not to be a blueprint at all; Cardiff had risen by borrowing excessively.

Hammam was also taking money out; City paid £300,000 to his company, Rudgwick, as a "management service charge". By May 2004, Cardiff's debts had risen to £31m, including £21.8m owed to Citibank. The club had nevertheless paid Rudgwick a further £583,333.
    31million debt which in todays money is probably close to 40 million.
    He never has cared a hoot for Cardiff City he threatened us with closure and he lied to us all about Langstone and he continues to hound the club for money. Yet the usual suspects want him back? You scouldn't make it up.
    Tan isn't the best but under Hammam we would possibly be going the same route as Derby and Sheff Wed.
    All i want is a decent owner for the team i support if that means no Tan or Sam then happy days
    I know what he did but what could fans do if this was all revealed after he left the club?

You say that people are employed with the expertise and that they have to trust their judgment. We, as a club, don't do that though.

Tan employs two men with no expertise in the positions they've been employed in. They then employ people below them with this lack of knowledge including the manager.
    They sit in on transfer negotiations, agree to them or block them as they see fit.

The owner and who he has running the football club has led to the very position we are in at the moment.
    Do you have a job? You seem to spend all day on here pissing and whinging and repeating yourself. You also seem to be taking great pleasure in our demise. What a pathetic man you are.

it isn't that unusual in football clubs. those guys then employ people with the technical expertise to advise them to make the correct decisions.
    our current issues are
    1) we are getting over the hangover of the Warnock regime. and have to cut back significantly before we rebuild again. covid falling when it did would have been pretty bad timing for us also.
    2) McCarthy was presumably hired to be a safe pair of hands but has made some strange decisions especially recently. and his ignoring the subs bench in games we have to turn around is really frustrating.

I know what he did but what could fans do if this was all revealed after he left the club?
    But it wasn't after he left though. It was well known we were in the shit with debts. Remember the fire sale? The weeks leading upto Black friday?
    Anyway lets hope when/if Tan goes we get a fresh new owner with a fresh start

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    it isn't that unusual in football clubs. those guys then employ people with the technical expertise to advise them to make the correct decisions.
    our current issues are
    1) we are getting over the hangover of the Warnock regime. and have to cut back significantly before we rebuild again. covid falling when it did would have been pretty bad timing for us also.
    2) McCarthy was presumably hired to be a safe pair of hands but has made some strange decisions especially recently. and his ignoring the subs bench in games we have to turn around is really frustrating.
    I can see what they plan to do.

They seem to be great at setting an end goal. Less great at actually putting the personnel and system in place to successfully achieve it.

Maybe Dalman and Choo will be successful. I just can't see it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Do you have a job? You seem to spend all day on here pissing and whinging and repeating yourself. You also seem to be taking great pleasure in our demise. What a pathetic man you are.
    Him and joke fan TLG are exactly the same.

They seem to be great at setting an end goal. Less great at actually putting the personnel and system in place to successfully achieve it.

I can't see it either. Hopefully i'm going to be proved wrong

I've been fairly critical of the club's approach over the years, and always wanted to have a proper director of football in place, but really the important thing was to have a long term strategy that made sense.
    we seem to have that at the moment, so let's see where it goes.
    it is going to take some cojones by the board as I think it'll get worse before it gets better, but if they stick to it and it comes good then fair play to them

But it wasn't after he left though. It was well known we were in the shit with debts. Remember the fire sale? The weeks leading upto Black friday?
    Anyway lets hope when/if Tan goes we get a fresh new owner with a fresh start
    And you know my reaction to that do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    I do yeah thanks.

I find it funny somebody telling me I'm whinging while in another thread saying we should fine the players a months wages. 🤣

I am taking no pleasure in our demise believe me.
    I spend hard earned money to watch this shit show and have done for many years. The way it is being run is a disgrace and it is now manifesting itself on the pitch.

And you know my reaction to that do you?
    Did you get ice creams to keep quiet?

Did you get ice creams to keep quiet?
    I was far from happy about that whole situation at the time believe me.

Apparently you know different though.

Hmmmm

What? We don't roll over to have our bellies tickled by the owner and his board members like some on here.

I'm happy to go against the grain if that is the case.

Happy clappers were in need of a wake up call and now they're getting it.

I find this recent campaign against dalman and Choo all a bit strange.
    I don't know what they do from day to day, and nor do the rest of us.
    yes they don't have a background in football, but that is the case in many clubs if you look into it.
    lots of directors of football even aren't former players
    they employ individuals with the expertise and have to trust their judgement. the same kind of situation exists in many industries.
    Warnock, Harris, McCarthy aren't the type of appointments that I would have made, but they were all decent championship managers, it's not as though they were putting unknowns in there.
    we are where we are now. we seem to have been proactive in stripping cost out, which is better than the alternative, and we are taking approaches to try to build for the future with youth players and younger signings being made.
    that's about all we can ask for right now.
    the premier League money is gone, we are adapting to a new world now and it'll take us fans time to accept the new reality.

I'm not sure what else you'd expect another board to do at this present time?
    perhaps being in a more progressive manager? but there are no risk free managerial appointments.

it just feels like some people want to criticize Tan or by association, any of "his men" and are taking our current malaise to do it.
    in reality the criticism should have been voiced over the last few years when we weren't trying to bring any youth through or sign players who could increase in value.
    we appear to be on a more sensible track now, so let's see where it goes
    The criticism of the club and its lack of philosophy (including the use of academy players) has been a hot topic in this board for years.
    The reason that the club is in the mess it is now is down to the board, so to suggest we should keep giving them more chances sounds naive to me.
    This strategy you talk about with the club (using academy players and bringing in younger players) is one that appears to have been borne of financial reality, or is it merely a coincidence that the parachute payments have stopped and there has been a financial fallout from the pandemic at the same time as we’re suddenly shifting our recruitment policy?
    We’re years behind other clubs in this respect and we don’t have a footballing philosophy at first team level, which should in turn allow for succession planning - something our fellow Welshies down West seem to be good at. These are all things that a Director of Football could look at, but hey, Dalman thinks he can take care of that!

The same in what respect, Stockholm? Why are you dragging me into your squabble with blue lewj?

we appear to be on a more sensible track now, so let's see where it goes
    Last night, the club's manager fielded five centre-halves in a home game. If that's a more sensible track, God help City when things silly.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Last night, the club's manager fielded five centre-halves in a home game. If that's a more sensible track, God help City when things silly.
    I meant from a long term strategy point of view as I'm sure you understand. No part of that selection last night was sensible

What? We don't roll over to have our bellies tickled by the owner and his board members like some on here.

I'm happy to go against the grain if that is the case.

Happy clappers were in need of a wake up call and now they're getting it.
    Ive asked you before on action by fans.

So what are you doing on Saturday in way of protest?

Whining on a messageboard wont achieve anything.

By the way im accepting im whining on a messageboard about our manager and possibly the worst team selection ive ever seen but im not referring to those who disagree as a happy clapper.

Cmon what are you going to do?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    24 hours almost later and its still behond belief.

Wasnt there a manager once who put David James on as a striker in the last few minutes of a game.

That was almost as bad maybe worse. If Smithies was taller maybe hed have come on.

I meant from a long term strategy point of view as I'm sure you understand.
    Given what has gone on at the club since Vincent Tan took charge, I'm amazed that anyone seriously believes there's a long-term strategy. Absolutely nothing going on at CCFC at present indicates there is.

Maybe Dalman and Choo are doing what Tan wants. Cut costs. Doesnt care about the playing side. Probably thought Mick was a safe pair of hands to keep us up.

Next summer will probably be the same again. Big clearout. Maybe a couple will stay on reduced wages.

Short term we need someone to keep us in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Maybe Dalman and Choo are doing what Tan wants. Cut costs. Doesnt care about the playing side. Probably thought Mick was a safe pair of hands to keep us up.

Next summer will probably be the same again. Big clearout. Maybe a couple will stay on reduced wages.

Short term we need someone to keep us in the league.
    I'm sure fans would appreciate such honesty. If they came out and said, "we need to cut costs as we're struggling" I'm sure fans would be more accepting.