+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Only Problem With Sacking McCarthy

Re: Only Problem With Sacking McCarthy

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    reminder that we had to save £30 million ish to replace the parachute payment money
    More like a reminder that we didn't use the PL money or parachute payments anywhere near well enough to not get our arses handed to us by the likes of Blackburn who haven't had either for a way longer time than we have.

Quote Originally Posted by theclaw View Post
    I disagree we have some decent championship players who I believe will do much much better under a different manager and system.
    Dressing room is lost.
    I agree. We have decent squad with good youngsters coming through and should at least be challenging for the playoffs. the problem is the manager who appears to have lost the plot completely. Need a new manager desperately or MM could get us relegated. We need to now accept that this is a rebuilding season where we try out the youngsters to see how many can play at this level. MM is not the person to do that as his football is too hoofball arguably we are the most hoofball side in the league. I have watched Shrewsbury against Plymouth and Wimbledon recently and they all play better football than us.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewsbury Blue View Post
    I agree. We have decent squad with good youngsters coming through and should at least be challenging for the playoffs. the problem is the manager who appears to have lost the plot completely. Need a new manager desperately or MM could get us relegated. We need to now accept that this is a rebuilding season where we try out the youngsters to see how many can play at this level. MM is not the person to do that as his football is too hoofball arguably we are the most hoofball side in the league. I have watched Shrewsbury against Plymouth and Wimbledon recently and they all play better football than us.
    We’re nowhere near good enough to challenge for top 6. We have no width, creativity or pace. We desperately need to stay up this year and rebuild in the summer when some big contracts expire.

The squad is poor but a better tactician / coach could get more out of them than this muppet.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Point is, having loaned out our wingers etc HOW DO we change the formation?
    Remember that decent spell we had under Slade (don't laugh) when we beat Brighton 4-1 amongst others? He played a lop sided 4231 with Pilkington up front, Lawrence as a sort of wide striker, Whittingham on the left and Immers as no.10. We could replicate that with Kieffer, Harris, Giles and Colwill. Might work. Obviously Mick won't do that but you live in hope

I don't suppose the club envisaged sacking MM this season so the cost of doing so may not be in the budget. We may well still be paying Neil Harris if we haven't paid him off already. Perhaps we (i.e. VT) can't afford to get rid of MM and TC ?

Quote Originally Posted by 198bore View Post
    The squad is poor but a better tactician / coach could get more out of them than this muppet.
    Koeman might be available soon....