+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Serious, TEAM for Saturday, to face Reading (past the jokey stage)

Re: Serious, TEAM for Saturday, to face Reading (past the jokey stage)

Phillips

Ng Flint McGuinness Bagan

Pack Ralls

Colwill Harris Giles

Moore

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Phillips

Ng Flint McGuinness Bagan

Pack Ralls

Colwill Harris Giles

Moore

Agree - except I would bring Smithies back in for Phillips. Give the punters in Row Z a break.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Agree - except I would bring Smithies back in for Phillips. Give the punters in Row Z a break.
    I’ll be amazed if McCarthy drops Morrison. Just can’t see it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I’ll be amazed if McCarthy drops Morrison. Just can’t see it.
    Do you think he should drop him?

I think our best hope of survival is our better players returning to their near best at least. Morrison on form is better than Flint and Nelson. A lot better.

If those 2 were performing well its a different story. They are not.

Its all about survival. Smithies Morrison Ralls Pack Moore need to stand up and get us out of this shit. I dont think the other experienced players are good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Do you think he should drop him?
    It’s a difficult one because he’s in poor form, but whenever things are going well he’s hugely influential at both ends of the field. He’s definitely a better and more important player than either Flint or Nelson under normal circumstances.

Apart from the calamitous own goal, I actually thought Nelson was the best of the three the other night, but that’s not saying a great deal.

McCarthy’s got some big calls to make. He’s got several players on his hands who are badly out of form and the whole team is looking dispirited, but that’s no excuse for Tuesday’s farcical line-up. Whoever he chooses tomorrow, the side simply has to look more balanced than that nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Smithies
    Ng
    McGuinness
    Flint
    Bagan
    Sang
    Pack
    Ralls
    Giles
    Harris
    Moore

Playing as 442
    I’ll go for that Tone

If we're going to play a flat back four and just two central midfielders, it's going to need a huge improvement from the four players through the middle on what we've been seeing lately from a three and a two - as the individuals concerned will, almost certainly include two from Morrison, Flint and Nelson at the back and two from Pack, Vaulks, Bacuna and, maybe, Ralls in the middle can we really expect that to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If we're going to play a flat back four and just two central midfielders, it's going to need a huge improvement from the four players through the middle on what we've been seeing lately from a three and a two - as the individuals concerned will, almost certainly include two from Morrison, Flint and Nelson at the back and two from Pack, Vaulks, Bacuna and, maybe, Ralls in the middle can we really expect that to happen?
    I cant see him changing from 3cbs and I dont think we should. If we did then playing 2 central midfielders is even more unlikely.