+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: NO WAY BACK FOR MICK

NO WAY BACK FOR MICK

I believe he has lost the players and i also think he left Moore on the bench lastnight because maybe they have had words regarding something.
    I can't see a way back for Mick i reckon there are more underlying problems with some players not liking him.

Re: NO WAY BACK FOR MICK

Funny you should say that.I was immediately struck by the similarity between last nights performance and Harris' last game in charge.Perhaps the players are trying to send a message to someone.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Funny you should say that.I was immediately struck by the similarity between last nights performance and Harris' last game in charge.Perhaps the players are trying to send a message to someone.
    Same feeling i had. Morrison looks out of sorts and to be fair even when he's been having off games he looked like he was trying but not lately. I also thought Moore had fallen out with Mick weeks ago

There's no 'football' explanation why Keiffer Moore was on the bench until the 65th minute. To a lesser degree, why Smithies hasn't been brought back.

Odd.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    There's no 'football' explanation why Keiffer Moore was on the bench until the 65th minute. To a lesser degree, why Smithies hasn't been brought back.

Odd.
    Maybe there's been a falling out? When Harris was near the end of his job he made odd decisions and now we are seeing it with Mick. I think he's gone by the Qpr game that's if we are lucky.

Mick wants to get Flint and Morrison on the field as they are both very good central defenders at this level. The problem as Warnock found out was they are a mirror image of each other and need an athletic partner. Warnock benched Flint, Mick went with three centre halfs with Nelson covering for Flints oil tanker turning but unable to do it for Morrison.

It worked when Bennett and NG pushed up into a midfield 4 allowing three attacking players to do some damage.

Its not worked at all this season and Giles delivery to the giants papered over a lot of cracks.

Mick need to go with a back four and on form drop morrison. I'd go for Mc Guiness with Flint with NG and Bagan as full backs. Solid enough. Hopefully Ralls is available with Pack and dare i say it, Bacuna and you have a midfeild 3 with Harris Moore and Giles as the front three

If i saw that an hour before kick off i'd be a little more optomistic. But Mick will keep repeating the same mistakes, knowing he'll get paid off or at least for the next 18 months.

The 5 cbs starting was enough.

No plausible explanation for it.

There's respecting the opposition and then there is just fear and hoping for a nil nil at best. If we had lost 1 nil he probably would have hailed it as defiant.

We have regressed massively from even the first couple of games and they weren't great either.

In his post match comments he seems to say that playing 5 at the back wasn't a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Same feeling i had. Morrison looks out of sorts and to be fair even when he's been having off games he looked like he was trying but not lately. I also thought Moore had fallen out with Mick weeks ago
    Morrison obviously not trying (and lots of people have commented on this) is the most alarming thing to witness in all of this.

It suggests that something is seriously wrong.

Maybe there's been a falling out? When Harris was near the end of his job he made odd decisions and now we are seeing it with Mick. I think he's gone by the Qpr game that's if we are lucky.
    If we lose on Saturday he'll be gone. There's one thing for certain when it comes to managers, and that's when the crowd and media turns on them they'll be off.

I believe he has lost the players and i also think he left Moore on the bench lastnight because maybe they have had words regarding something.
    I can't see a way back for Mick i reckon there are more underlying problems with some players not liking him.
    Pure conjecture then really.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    If we lose on Saturday he'll be gone. There's one thing for certain when it comes to managers, and that's when the crowd and media turns on them they'll be off.
    I wouldn't mind betting McCarthy will be here until the end of this season at least.
    The board realize that any termination is a slight on their abilities also and the best thing to do is nothing, continue to make excuses and say we are determined to put things right.

[QUOTE=llan bluebird;5229493]Mick wants to get Flint and Morrison on the field as they are both very good central defenders at this level. The problem as Warnock found out was they are a mirror image of each other and need an athletic partner. Warnock benched Flint, Mick went with three centre halfs with Nelson covering for Flints oil tanker turning but unable to do it for Morrison.

It worked when Bennett and NG pushed up into a midfield 4 allowing three attacking players to do some damage.

Its not worked at all this season and Giles delivery to the giants papered over a lot of cracks.

Mick need to go with a back four and on form drop morrison. I'd go for Mc Guiness with Flint with NG and Bagan as full backs. Solid enough. Hopefully Ralls is available with Pack and dare i say it, Bacuna and you have a midfeild 3 with Harris Moore and Giles as the front three

I would try Simba up front with Moore. Harris is no good at scoring goals his record is very poor. Would prefer to have him as an attacking midfieder. He can play but is no striker.

He needs to go when we lose to reading…..there’s no way we can go like this to the jacks, we usually implode there anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I wouldn't mind betting McCarthy will be here until the end of this season at least.
    The board realize that any termination is a slight on their abilities also and the best thing to do is nothing, continue to make excuses and say we are determined to put things right.
    Let’s hope that Derby lose a few more points along with reading, only one place up for grabs, surely we can swerve it.