+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tom Sang?

Tom Sang?

Whilst not the finished article, this lad can play.

We don't have many players that actually look comfortable on the ball and appear to give themselves time & space but Sang is one of them, along with Giles, Pack & Ralls (albeit Pack & Ralls are often ponderously slow in distribution)

One error against Bristol City and he is hooked, never to be seen again !

In reality, this is how MM (and Warnock before him) treat the younger players.

Prime example was McGuiness last night..... a solid performance yet becomes the scapegoat where the defenders alongside him were a lot worse.

If we are going to persist with 5 at the back then Sang has to be the right wing back, given our lack of competition for places.

Re: Tom Sang?

Ng, Sang at right wing back I'm happy with. Although not a right back I don't see why Bacuna couldn't play right wing back either, bizzarly MM sees him as a forward player

I’m not convinced on any of our youngsters except probably Mark Harris but still not sure on him either.

However the only way we’re going to find out is by blooding them properly. That doesn’t mean them just playing games it means putting them in situations where they can excel in and gain whatever they need.

Putting him in the middle when you have Curtis Nelson hitting the ball in the opposite direction to where he’s meant to hit it, often in a looping pass into no man’s land won’t help him in the slightest

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade View Post
    Whilst not the finished article, this lad can play.

We don't have many players that actually look comfortable on the ball and appear to give themselves time & space but Sang is one of them, along with Giles, Pack & Ralls (albeit Pack & Ralls are often ponderously slow in distribution)

One error against Bristol City and he is hooked, never to be seen again !

In reality, this is how MM (and Warnock before him) treat the younger players.

Prime example was McGuiness last night..... a solid performance yet becomes the scapegoat where the defenders alongside him were a lot worse.

If we are going to persist with 5 at the back then Sang has to be the right wing back, given our lack of competition for places.
    Sang will never fit in with Mick, the last thing he wants is a footballer who is comfortable with the ball and can actually pass the ball to someone else wearing the same colour shirt
    Have a word with yourself, Sang needs to get on the field next to the training pitch and practice hoofing it first

Sang needs to play...

In CM....

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Sang needs to play...

In CM....
    Agree

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Agree
    Its not to say it will work and he will be a roaring success but he at least needs to play in his correct position. Wing back isn't the easiest role to play either, I'm not sure what the kids learn from aying there

The only way to play any of them is to play them in their “right” position. Then you’ll find out if they are good enough.

I believe these youngsters currently in our squad are good enough for this level,but they need to play for the right manager and the right style.

Sang in the center. He can play.
    Ng at FULL BACK. He's not a winger.
    Mcguiness at center half with Mozza. The other two are useless.
    Give Zimba a go up top with Moore. We desperately need pace.
    Evans on the right and Giles on the left. We need width.

If we go down trying to play then f*ck it. I can't stand this rubbish any more. Last nights team selection was pathetic.

Totally agree with the idea of sang in midfield and Bacuna at wing back. Get Pack and Sang in midfield so we can actually pass the ball. Bacon can provide a bit of width and energy from wing back. Perry Ng can get into left wing back then

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    The only way to play any of them is to play them in their “right” position. Then you’ll find out if they are good enough.
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by 198bore View Post

If we go down trying to play then f*ck it. I can't stand this rubbish any more. Last nights team selection was pathetic.
    That's not a bad shout.

Quote Originally Posted by theclaw View Post
    I believe these youngsters currently in our squad are good enough for this level,but they need to play for the right manager and the right style.
    Just right positions even.

Why hasn't he had a game in midfield yet? He's a midfield player who has been shoe horned in to a wing back role and criticised for a defensive mistake. What about McCarthy playing two centre backs as wing backs! And then substituting the best of them and moving the worst of them to right back. Sang wide right or central for me, he has to have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Totally agree with the idea of sang in midfield and Bacuna at wing back. Get Pack and Sang in midfield so we can actually pass the ball. Bacon can provide a bit of width and energy from wing back. Perry Ng can get into left wing back then
    I've heard his form can be a bit streaky.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    If there is a rasher player then I've not seen him.

Quote Originally Posted by theclaw View Post
    Steve Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by 198bore View Post

This

If they are to go again with the same personnel and same tactics we may as well give up now just like we did before the game last night
    Vaulks isn't a bad player - he's just not good enough at this level to play him alongside Pack is just lunacy like playing Flint and Morrison in a back 4
    Nelson and Flint are always going to cost us goals and will ALWAYS give the ball away.
    Those 3 must go straight away

I know its a results business but enough is enough of this crap. We can still be direct but No pace, No width, No Control, No passing, will lead to relegation. Mick is not stupid - He knows the game - I've no idea what was going through his head last night

His missus is pig ugly

I’ve heard that’s porkies.

Is he Danish?