Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 READING. Match thread

Re: CARDIFF CITY v READING. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Our strength is definitely in midfield.
    That's the end of that then.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    That's the end of that then.
    Not really because your strengths will be at set pieces which is where we are poor.

Not really because your strengths will be at set pieces which is where we are poor.
    We've hardly had possession in the opposition half in the last 3 games to win any dangerous set pieces

Our tactics appear to be our keeper kicking it out wide to either full back (who are both centre halves) to head on in the hope of the winger Giles picking the ball up.
    It's percentage football at best
    It's easily counteracted by leaving a striker on our keeper as he attempts to kick the ball as it will inevitably lead to him kicking it straight out. Our hope is that you foul our 'full backs' by trying to header the ball. We can then attempt to launch the ball to our centre forward
    However our centre forward will probably be on the bench anyway
    I do worry for Swift though as he may get knackered with the amount of space Vaulks will leave him
    If you have anybody who runs around a lot the trick is wait for Pack to get the ball. Hes the one who actually attempts to pass the ball. Unfortunately it takes him approximately 15 seconds to get this pass off. By which time an asthmatic 50 year old with a limp will have caught up with him.

Alternatively let our defender Nelson have the ball. He'll create something for you

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    We've hardly had possession in the opposition half in the last 3 games to win any dangerous set pieces

Our tactics appear to be our keeper kicking it out wide to either full back (who are both centre halves) to head on in the hope of the winger Giles picking the ball up.
    It's easily counteracted by leaving a striker on our keeper as he attempts to kick the ball as it will inevitably lead to him kicking it straight out. Our hope is that you foul our 'full backs' by trying to header the ball. We can then attempt to launch the ball to our centre forward
    I do worry for Swift though as he may get knackered with the amount of space Vaulks will leave him
    If you have anybody who runs around a lot the trick is wait for Pack to get the ball. Hes the one who actually attempts to pass the ball. Unfortunately it takes him approximately 15 seconds to get this pass off. By which time an asthmatic 50 year old with a limp will have caught up with him.

Alternatively let our defender Nelson have the ball. He'll create something for you

This made me smile and you have to laugh about it or else you’d cry !!

Don't give all our secrets away!

Smithies

Ngl McWho Flint Baggins

Sing Prick Balls

Colwont NoMoore Girls

4-1 City - Hoilett hat-trick off the bench

We'll win tomorrow

I feel sorry for Phillips. He spends every training session having the same message drilled into him - hoof it up to Keiffer. Then come match day Keiffer is on the bench and he then gets stick for hoofing it up (off the pitch) to Keiffer!

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    We'll win tomorrow
    Definitely!

Do or die for big Mick here. Will he go for the kill or shut up shop? I expect the latter and to sink without a fight.

I'd like to see a change of shape with Mcguinnes at CB and Sang in midfield or playing on the right ahead of Ng. Giles and Bagan down the left. Ralls in the middle and Moore up top with... ZIMBA! Attack Attack Attack....

Our centre back position has improved slightly. For our game v Boro we were down to our 8th choice CB a 17 year old who hasn’t been in our Academy very long on the bench with our right back Andy Yiadom and midfielder Josh Laurent at CB. With three of our forwards out in Joao, Meite and Azeez we are being hammered with injuries.

We started with the same CB pairing last night but Scott Dann came off the bench to play the latter stages. He has to start on Saturday.
    Having said all that our first choice CB’s have been dreadful this season and we have improved defensively since their injuries. We have conceded a lot (19) but scored a healthy 16 goals.

I thought we had turned the corner with a really gutsy win v Boro but last night was disappointing against a solid Derby side who don’t score or concede many. I would take a draw on Saturday.

Our strength is definitely in midfield. Swift, Ejaria and Halilovic have been playing well, Dele- Bashiru has also looked decent and Danny Drinkwater will play in front of the back four.
    We will probably start with Hoilett as our lone striker as Paunovic doesn’t seem to rate Puscas.

Ditto for us but i am convinced that even after our last couple of games the 3 at the back system will continue and the first three names for saturday will be Flint, Morrisson and Nelson ....

For me go 4.4.2

.......... ..smithes
    Ng Mcquiness flint bagan
    Sang, vaulks, pack, giles
    .......moore......collins

Not sure if Ralls is fit to start morrison deffo isnt. Nelson also seems to be struggling although that might just down to MM tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiwbina Blues View Post
    For me go 4.4.2

.......... ..smithes
    Ng Mcquiness flint bagan

Not sure if Ralls is fit to start morrison deffo isnt. Nelson also seems to be struggling although that might just down to MM tactics.
    Mcguinness Flint Sang would be a good combination.

I bet Mick has some of their albums!

I think McGuinness will start, as will Ralls and Moore. Will MM revert to 442? Wish he would, but I doubt it.

Being optimistic 1-1

Ha ha perfectly summed up

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    I think McGuinness will start, as will Ralls and Moore. Will MM revert to 442? Wish he would, but I doubt it.
    I don't think we have the correct players for the formation. It means players out of position.

Even with the players 442 wouldnt be the answer. With this squad wed be relegated.

Cant believe anyone even suggests it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiwbina Blues View Post
    For me go 4.4.2

.......... ..smithes
    Ng Mcquiness flint bagan

0 - 6.

I've endured the dross of the last few (many?) matches, but my son isn't too well; he normally drives me to the game.
    So...
    Do I want the hasle of getting two busses each way, sitting on my own like billy-no-mates for two hours in the forecast wind and deluge-leevl rain, or do I stay at home, nice and cosy?

Well, I've got to ook after my bones at my age, so I'll be following the game from home

I therefore predict a massive turnround, City to win an enthralling game of free-flowing football, just to spite me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Even with the players 442 wouldnt be the answer. With this squad wed be relegated.

Cant believe anyone even suggests it.
    By playing 442, or 451, MM can get an extra body in midfield. Many of our problems stem from midfield. You can also have full backs who are full backs, not doing a role that is unsuited to them in a 532

Smithies
    Ng McGuinness Flint Bagan
    Ralls Pack Vaulks Giles Harris
    Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    By playing 442, or 451, MM can get an extra body in midfield. Many of our problems stem from midfield. You can also have full backs who are full backs, not doing a role that is unsuited to them in a 532

Smithies
    Ng McGuinness Flint Bagan
    Ralls Pack Vaulks Giles Harris
    Moore
    Ive had enough of centre halves but id rather anyone of them in there than have Vaulks as an extra body.

I also want to go into what is going to be a relegation battle with Morrison.

Agree with the full backs.

Morrison for Vaulks isnt far from what id pick from your 11.

If Pack & Vaulks start together as a midfield 2 we'll lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Ive had enough of centre halves but id rather anyone of them in there than have Vaulks as an extra body.

I also want to go into what is going to be a relegation battle with Morrison.

Agree with the full backs.

Morrison for Vaulks isnt far from what id pick from your 11.
    I’ve seen snatches of Reading on tv. They are Not a great team, though better than us at the moment. Quite impressed with Hoilett, a player we miss, lost his pace, but neat and tidy and can find an opening.
    We have to be more positive, that goes without saying, I don’t think it would take a great deal for us to beat them. They will be vulnerable at the back, if we can get decent service to Moore.
    Morrison has been City’s most important player for a number of seasons, but he has been hopeless this season. Perhaps injuries have caught up with him. McGuinness must start, if it means leaving Morrison out, so be it, but I tend to agree that Morrie will start at Vaulks expense in a 532.

Being honest I think us getting well beaten here would be the best thing to happen for the long run...