The reality is that performance today was one of the best of the season and the problems today were indicative of a very poor transfer window, i.e. stripping out all width at wing and full back positions, and Mick's inability to play that kinda formation previously, rather than our recent form.

If we had played this kind of formation from the start of the season I think we would be well above mid table.

But when poor results started to come Mick, stupidly, stuck with a ultra defensive formation that continued to leak goals. And doubled down some again.

When a packed defense is not working, continuing to pack it seems insane. There was no outlet for the defense and the ball kept coming back to a already low on confidence leaky defense.

It was insanity that it took quite a few hammerings for that particular penny to drop.

But today was much better but did expose, again, our lack of guile, pace and cutting edge in the final third. An issue we have been banging on about since transfer deadline day (and before), when Mick and/or the board, decided to let our last remaining winger leave without replacing him.

Now that 10 defensive players and one striker isn't working for us, we have limited options.

I hope Mick stays with this formation and we catch a lucky break and get a few wins and draws before January. If the players can grow into this s formation and we can add a bit of pace and creativity in January, we will be fine.

If we don't then a relegation scrape is on the cards.