+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 READING. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 READING. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I have posted after a game though mate. Straight after Bournemouth in frustration the last time.

Phones. They're a blinding invention.
    Ha ha cheers mate. I'm always straight on here for the debrief, whilst waiting for my train

download.jpg Shots from the match

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    OK Dembe, with context maybe i should have said based on the previous offerings
    it was a definite improvement mate.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Ground based? I saw plenty of balls hoofed from deep midfield into the box when we could have got it out wide with one or two more passes and got a cross in, which is apparently a tactic of ours anyway?
    Most of the crosses that did come in from wide were poor anyway. And the set pieces.

We did pass the ball around better yesterday but the passing wasn't resulting in us carving them open and creating clear chances. Yes we had 25 shots but were any of them clear cut chances. Crossing was also poor as was movement by the strikers; don't get me started on inverted wingers!

So yesterday was an improvement in many regards but it was a game we should have won because Reading were poor but it was a game where we didn't deserve to win because our final third was so poor.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Most of the crosses that did come in from wide were poor anyway. And the set pieces.
    I thought it was a tactic of ours though? So I didn't understand the hoofs from midway into their half into the box when we had a pass or 2nto get it out wide. I agree they weren't the best quality, I noticed Giles wasn't cutting back on to his left foot and crossing with his right, just play him on the other side!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    We did pass the ball around better yesterday but the passing wasn't resulting in us carving them open and creating clear chances. Yes we had 25 shots but were any of them clear cut chances. Crossing was also poor as was movement by the strikers; don't get me started on inverted wingers!

So yesterday was an improvement in many regards but it was a game we should have won because Reading were poor but it was a game where we didn't deserve to win because our final third was so poor.
    Spot on.

Brown on the left standing still waiting for ball to feet rather than running beyond his man, not a criticism of him as he's not a natural player in the position, but it shows our limitations. Saw bowen making runs behind as well that were either slow to be spotted or weren't spotted at all because they probably aren't used to them sorts of runs being made so don't look for them.

Not bad. 2 goals from 27 shots.