+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lets Be Bold And Install Steve Morrison Teatime Saturday ( No Matter The Result )

Lets Be Bold And Install Steve Morrison Teatime Saturday ( No Matter The Result )

After the Reading game I'd ask Mick to leave and ask Steve Morrison to step up , and take over until the season end deploying his U23 playing style as I think the youngsters in our first team squad will relate to him .

To supplement Steve I'd also ask Sean Morrison to assist as player coach to manage the more experienced players as they will relate to him .

I do have some sympathy for Mick and agree with Danny Gabbidon's valid comment last night , where he said yes the tactics are bad however "the club didn't back him in the summer " with better recruitment .

Surely we could have grabbed a player like Adam Reach ??

Re: Lets Be Bold And Install Steve Morrison Teatime Saturday ( No Matter The Result )

Why wait?

Re: Lets Be Bold And Install Steve Morrison Teatime Saturday ( No Matter The Result )

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    After the Reading game I'd ask Mick to leave and ask Steve Morrison to step up , and take over until the season end deploying his U23 playing style as I think the youngsters in our first team squad will relate to him .

To supplement Steve I'd also ask Sean Morrison to assist as player coach to manage the more experienced players as they will relate to him .

I do have some sympathy for Mick and agree with Danny Gabbidon's valid comment last night , where he said yes the tactics are bad however "the club didn't back him in the summer " with better recruitment .

And then recall all our loaned out players when we can and bring the young striker in from the u23s.

Tan considers keeping Moore backing him. They were talking about Tan on TS this morning, wondering why he never really backs his managers citing the 50 million he gave to NW on promotion as a bit of a joke with no ambition on trying to stay up.

I think people are underestimating how bad the finances were

All of the above (except Sean Morrison as coach). Morison to manage and get an experienced No2 or two coaches to help him along with Rowberry and Dibble. Get the loan players back to give us squad depth. Play players in their proper positions (no centre backs as wing backs!). Zimba would be a better back up striker than Collins, or Harris.

I totally agree LoM
    Why spend money we haven’t got ( or money Tan doesn’t want to invest) on a speculative punt on a new manager when we can bump up Steve Morrison
    He’s familiar with the club,players and staff and would hit the ground running
    Is it five wins from five in the u23’s
    Anything is better than Mickey Mouse’s 7-2-1 formation 🥺🥺🥺

i'd take the manager of Morrison over Mick McAving-A-Laughy, from any local branch, you decide..

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    All of the above (except Sean Morrison as coach). Morison to manage and get an experienced No2 or two coaches to help him along with Rowberry and Dibble. Get the loan players back to give us squad depth. Play players in their proper positions (no centre backs as wing backs!). Zimba would be a better back up striker than Collins, or Harris.
    It is a real pleasure to read a post where Morrison (Sean) and Morison (Steve) get their names spelt correctly.

It is a small step to turning the club around, but an important one!

We're not in a position to be picky I just think we must try something before it's too late, if we continue as are we could soon find ourselves dropping like a stone.

If our trajectory is via the development squad then let the development manager drive it.

I just can't see MM turning this around .

I fully agree as long as we temper the move with realism and accept that the goal would not to be relegated.

Personally, I’d like to see Mark Hudson as Steve Morisons number 2.