+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sir Kiers Speech

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Sir Kiers Speech

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    The 400,000+ members of the Labour party are all radicals, are they? You understand these 'radicals' also voted overwhelmingly for Keir too?
    I don't think by any means all of the Labour Party members are radical, but I would have thought a lot of those who joined the party in 2015 when Corbyn became leader probably are.

I wonder if a lot of those who voted overwhelmingly for Sir Keir are wondering whether they made the wrong choice, especially after the conference last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I don't think by any means all of the Labour Party members are radical, but I would have thought a lot of those who joined the party in 2015 when Corbyn became leader probably are.

I wonder if a lot of those who voted overwhelmingly for Sir Keir are wondering whether they made the wrong choice, especially after the conference last week.
    A lot of the people (mainly young) who joined Labour because they were inspired by Corbyn have left. Membership is down under Starmer and Evans from 570,000 to 400,000.

I'm sure a lot of the members who voted for Starmer in the leadership election are doing more than wonder if they made the wrong choice. He stood on a platform of 10 Pledges, a commitment to build on the 2017 Manifesto, and a promise to unite the party. He has trashed every promise he made. If he had been honest he would not have won.

Interesting that next year's Labour Party Conference is in Liverpool. Starmer was heckled in Brighton - I wonder what the response will be next year (if he is still leader) after his op-ed piece in The Sun this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    A lot of the people (mainly young) who joined Labour because they were inspired by Corbyn have left. Membership is down under Starmer and Evans from 570,000 to 400,000.

I'm sure a lot of the members who voted for Starmer in the leadership election are doing more than wonder if they made the wrong choice. He stood on a platform of 10 Pledges, a commitment to build on the 2017 Manifesto, and a promise to unite the party. He has trashed every promise he made. If he had been honest he would not have won.

Interesting that next year's Labour Party Conference is in Liverpool. Starmer was heckled in Brighton - I wonder what the response will be next year (if he is still leader) after his op-ed piece in The Sun this weekend.
    Liverpool's Labour politicians weren't impressed

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...per/ar-AAP6y02