+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Sir Kiers Speech

  1. #21

    Re: Sir Kiers Speech

    There a rumour abound about 3 dissatisfied Labour MP's with Sir Kier they have been in talks with Tories ,not sure if there is any thing behind it as that would be strange as I though he was heading to the centre ??

    https://metro.co.uk/2021/10/03/three...rmer-15356064/

    I presume the Labour Party will then refer to them as scum

  2. #22

    Re: Sir Kiers Speech

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    There a rumour abound about 3 dissatisfied Labour MP's with Sir Kier they have been in talks with Tories ,not sure if there is any thing behind it as that would be strange as I though he was heading to the centre ??

    https://metro.co.uk/2021/10/03/three...rmer-15356064/

    I presume the Labour Party will then refer to them as scum
    I saw the other day and it seems like the biggest bullshit story of the year. Who could they actually be? The people who are dissatisfied with Keir right now would slit their own throats before joining the conservative party.

  3. #23

    Re: Sir Kiers Speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I saw the other day and it seems like the biggest bullshit story of the year. Who could they actually be? The people who are dissatisfied with Keir right now would slit their own throats before joining the conservative party.
    Think your right.

    Its does sound a bit far fetched , kier sounds a bit lije a soft sort of Blairsim , refered to some of Blair / Browns positive social achievements as a positive in his speech .

    Surely it wouldn't be the nutty Momentum gang , unless its right that the Tories are now the working mans party?? and Labour is becoming a Left Liberal Metropolitan type party ( Champagne Socialism not liked up North ) , plenty to play out yet me thinks , it not all happy at home inside Labour ?

  4. #24
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    11,731

    Re: Sir Kiers Speech

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    There a rumour abound about 3 dissatisfied Labour MP's with Sir Kier they have been in talks with Tories ,not sure if there is any thing behind it as that would be strange as I though he was heading to the centre ??

    https://metro.co.uk/2021/10/03/three...rmer-15356064/

    I presume the Labour Party will then refer to them as scum
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I saw the other day and it seems like the biggest bullshit story of the year. Who could they actually be? The people who are dissatisfied with Keir right now would slit their own throats before joining the conservative party.
    Fair bit of speculation about who the 'Reg Prentice 3' might be - if they exist.

    Most looking at Ian Murray and any of the other right wingers who didn't quite summon the courage of their warped convictions to join the Change UK split in February 2019. Other speculation centres on the serial publicity seekers (take your pick) - or Rosie Duffield seeking a more comfortable transphobic home.

    I suppose some on the Labour right may have decided Kier Starmer is not enough of a useful idiot to ensure a return to the Blairite 'golden age' and their seats and salaries are in danger. At least Ian Murray has a wardrobe full of union jack waistcoats to choose from if his next party conference is the Tory one!

  5. #25

    Re: Sir Kiers Speech

    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Fair bit of speculation about who the 'Reg Prentice 3' might be - if they exist.

    Most looking at Ian Murray and any of the other right wingers who didn't quite summon the courage of their warped convictions to join the Change UK split in February 2019. Other speculation centres on the serial publicity seekers (take your pick) - or Rosie Duffield seeking a more comfortable transphobic home.

    I suppose some on the Labour right may have decided Kier Starmer is not enough of a useful idiot to ensure a return to the Blairite 'golden age' and their seats and salaries are in danger. At least Ian Murray has a wardrobe full of union jack waistcoats to choose from if his next party conference is the Tory one!

    Argh Rosie Duffield , the lady who felt unsafe to attend a Labour party conference .


    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...end-conference

    Groundhog Day for those who have a different view .

  6. #26
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    11,731

    Re: Sir Kiers Speech

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Argh Rosie Duffield , the lady who felt unsafe to attend a Labour party conference .


    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...end-conference

    Groundhog Day for those who have a different view .
    I donít know if she ever felt unsafe or that was just suggested as a line for her as it worked well for a few of her former colleagues in previous years when they were trying to demonise their political opponents in the party. Nothing like suggesting the need for a police escort to garner press sympathy and deflect from the real issues of difference.

    Anyway she dropped that idea long before the Labour conference and said instead that she was not attending because she didnít want her views on trans rights to be a distraction from Kierís big relaunch.

    For what itís worth (based on accounts of friends who campaigned for her in 2019) I don't think she is likely to defect to the blue rosette lot.

  7. #27

    Re: Sir Kiers Speech

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Argh Rosie Duffield , the lady who felt unsafe to attend a Labour party conference .


    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...end-conference

    Groundhog Day for those who have a different view .
    She was photographed in Brighton at a fringe event seemingly without the need for any protection and not looking fearful for her life, so I think it's probably a good idea to take that whole twitter storm with a pinch of salt.

    That being said, she is one who could make the transition, so to speak.

  8. #28

    Re: Sir Kiers Speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    She was photographed in Brighton at a fringe event seemingly without the need for any protection and not looking fearful for her life, so I think it's probably a good idea to take that whole twitter storm with a pinch of salt.

    That being said, she is one who could make the transition, so to speak.
    It is all a bit strange if its all to be believed , she isn't the first women in the Party with an outspoken view ,that's felt threatened or received social media comments ?

    If a party ever needed a female leader its Labour , I actually think it would enhance its position ,attract floating voters, Yvette Copper in my humble view would be a good choice , very bright , intelligent, experienced and eloquent .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •