+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: When can players start talking to new clubs?

When can players start talking to new clubs?

When can players that are out of contract at the end of this season start talking to possible new clubs?

Re: When can players start talking to new clubs?

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    When can players that are out of contract at the end of this season start talking to possible new clubs?

Who in their right mind would take any of that crap.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Who in their right mind would take any of that crap.
    Good point but if it soon for many potentially going out of the door then this season could get even worse if the team is made up with players going elsewhere or having their head turned by other offers.

The list was fairly large.

I'm sure Conway United will take look at a couple of them

January I think.

Could be end of January if they aren’t going to be offered a new contract then sign pre-contract for the following season, don’t quote mo on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Could be end of January if they aren’t going to be offered a new contract then sign pre-contract for the following season, don’t quote mo on that.
    That sounds about right.

Put simply, from January any that we want to keep will mean a direct bidding war with any clubs circling.

It would make sense to get that business done this side of Christmas, or not depending on your opinion on the player.

Not out of contract but it would not surprise me if Kiefer Moore may look to move.
    I think he is fed up at the City

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Not out of contract but it would not surprise me if Kiefer Moore may look to move.
    I think he is fed up at the City
    If we have significantly lowered our aims as a team then it wouldn't surprise me.

I think they can talk and sign pre contract agreements from January but only with overseas clubs. Let's hope most of them go next summer, Tomlin, Vassell, Morrison, Vaulks, Smithes, Murphy, Brown etc and probably Pack and Flint and Ralls too but maybe the last there are worth trying to keep. But they could all leave , some of theses players are in for a shock when they try and get a new deal elsewhere with the wages they'll be offered. Shame Bacuna and Whyte have another year to go.