+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worst City manager?

Re: Worst City manager?

A thread about the best city managers would be much shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by alfie View Post
    Durban,Hibbitt,Slade,Solskjaer.There has been a few over the years. Who takes the title?
    Durban without a doubt.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by alfie View Post
    Durban,Hibbitt,Slade,Solskjaer.There has been a few over the years. Who takes the title?
    Slade isn’t even in the 10 worst managers we’ve had in my lifetime. He wasn’t great, granted but the stick he gets for clearing up Ole’s mess is absolutely mental.

Durban. Successive relegations. Dire football. Not an inspiring character.

Durban for me too. No contest (no points)

Durban.

We can announce it was indeed Alan Durban and a toilet will now be named after him .

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    lol!

Slade was bought in with a mandate to clear the wage bill, get rid of all the deadwood, and keep us in the division. Putting us in a healthier position for the next guy to start over. The football was shit (although not as bad as it is at the moment) and some of the signings were awful (Alex Revell anyone?) but I'd say he achieved what he was hired to do.

I've revised my opinion of OGS in the last couple of years. Quite a few players from that period have retired now and are doing the podcast circuit, and when you listen to some of their stories about what was going on at the club (ie Tan picking the team) it's clear he was on a hiding to nothing from the get go. Still don't rate the guy, but a lot of the issues during his time at the club were not of his doing.

Trollope obviously never got the results but 11 games is a bit much to lump him in with "worst ever".

Again, Harris might not have been everyone's cup of tea but got us into the playoffs. Hardly "worst ever" material.

I think it was the other bob wilson that said the other day Warnock was one of our best ever managers before and during the PL season, and then one of our worst ever after it.

Harris made the play offs after a dreadful start under Warnock. It went to sh1t last season but he hardly qualifies as the worst.

1994 - 1996 was painful. The Hibbit / Neil / Osman era.

OGS the worst of post 2000 era for me. Went down with a whimper and looked lost in the championship.

Mick Mcarthy

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    That's a lie. Dml would keep that going with Warnock posts.