+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Last night's game will live long in the memory

Last night's game will live long in the memory

I have the feeling that last nights game will go down as one of those 'were you there' defeats. It wasn't just the score but the bizarre line up.

Looking back with a day to process it almost seems like a piece of performance art. There is no rationale, no sane explanation for sending that team out.

Re: Last night's game will live long in the memory

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Ultra View Post
    I have the feeling that last nights game will go down as one of those 'were you there' defeats. It wasn't just the score but the bizarre line up.

Looking back with a day to process it almost seems like a piece of performance art. There is no rationale, no sane explanation for sending that team out.
    There was also, as far as I know, a complete lack of questions to our manager asking for an explanation of what was the most negative Cardiff City selection I’ve ever seen, just the predictable “you must be disappointed” crap - the man played five centre halves, two defensive midfielders and left any attacking to a striker who has not scored this, a twenty year old who was given sole responsibility for any attacking creativity and, well, I’m not sure how to describe Bacuna, but he’s not a forward and never will be!

One who flew over the cuckoos nest

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    There was also, as far as I know, a complete lack of questions to our manager asking for an explanation of what was the most negative Cardiff City selection I’ve ever seen, just the predictable “you must be disappointed” crap - the man played five centre halves, two defensive midfielders and left any attacking to a striker who has not scored this, a twenty year old who was given sole responsibility for any attacking creativity and, well, I’m not sure how to describe Bacuna, but he’s not a forward and never will be!
    Direct questions may offend Mick and we all know how easily offended our society is these days, I really do miss Steve Tucker at times like these.

There was also, as far as I know, a complete lack of questions to our manager asking for an explanation of what was the most negative Cardiff City selection I’ve ever seen, just the predictable “you must be disappointed” crap - the man played five centre halves, two defensive midfielders and left any attacking to a striker who has not scored this, a twenty year old who was given sole responsibility for any attacking creativity and, well, I’m not sure how to describe Bacuna, but he’s not a FOOTBALLER and never will be!
    FYP

Performance Art minus the performance.

The thing is even if you were looking for a genuine answer as opposed to provoking the manager, I don't know how you'd phrase that question without sounding like you were taking the p*ss ... "so Mick you played 5 centre backs tonight, what was the thinking behind that"

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    One who flew over the cuckoos nest
    The inmates from that asylum, being led by the crafty Jack Nicholson, would have done a far better better job than our players on Tuesday night. Especially with 'Chief' up front leading the attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    The inmates from that asylum, being led by the crafty Jack Nicholson, would have done a far better better job than our players on Tuesday night. Especially with 'Chief' up front leading the attack.
    I always fancied nurse ratchett

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I always fancied nurse ratchett
    Sludgey, you'd have have ended up the same way as Jack Nicholson! A lobotomy would be the least of your problems if you dated her Welsh equivalent

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Sludgey, you'd have have ended up the same way as Jack Nicholson! A lobotomy would be the least of your problems if you dated her Welsh equivalent
    She was very pretty , lovely eyes

Eyes , look into my eyes

Should be sacked for gross incompetence