+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Why the bemusement ?

Why the bemusement ?

...........with the board ?

They haven't promised anything.

They have rarely (if ever) shown any interest in what the fans want in their decade long reign.

At most I can remember the occasional meeting with the Trust. But it's been breadcrumbs on the whole.

Reading this, listening to the CCPI ..... everyone is up in arms at the lack of engagement as if it's ever been any different.

As far as I can see it, the unspoken deal is - "I'll wipe the debt, just don't bother me in the meantime."

........dunno what the latest is on the whole debt to equity thing. Seems to be an issue that is hardly ever mentioned on here.

Re: Why the bemusement ?

We have some people that are so entrenched in their ways (since either supporting the rebrand, or boycotted it), that any discussion around Tan or the board is a fruitless one. Similar to Brexit, there's a black and white approach taken across the board

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    ...........with the board ?

They haven't promised anything.

They have rarely (if ever) shown any interest in what the fans want in their decade long reign.

At most I can remember the occasional meeting with the Trust. But it's been breadcrumbs on the whole.

Reading this, listening to the CCPI ..... everyone is up in arms at the lack of engagement as if it's ever been any different.

As far as I can see it, the unspoken deal is - "I'll wipe the debt MY INEPTITUDE CREATED, just don't bother me in the meantime."

........dunno what the latest is on the whole debt to equity thing. Seems to be an issue that is hardly ever mentioned on here.
    Needed a bit of editing, I put it in capitals for full effect

I don't know what Tan gets from owning the club really.

He's no longer getting any attention and nor is he looking for it.

We aren't in the prem.

He doesn't ever seem have been a football fan.

It's certainly not making him money.

Hoping there's nothing sinister and that he is genuinely trying to get the best deal for himself and the club as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Needed a bit of editing, I put it in capitals for full effect
    There was a problem with debt long before Tan came along, I don't think you can say he created it.

Does anybody have any idea where we stand in the whole debt to equity plan that Tan had laid out.

I guess the pandemic would have set things back, but I think the roadmap for the club being debt free was maybe even pre-pandemic....or near enough.

I'll tell you why. Why buy a club, rebrand it, unrebrand it, build a second tier to a stand and then not bother to take your chances when they come? When you fire a manager, why hire almost exactly the same manager? You have to admit it's rather puzzling.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'll tell you why. Why buy a club, rebrand it, unrebrand it, build a second tier to a stand and then not bother to take your chances when they come? When you fire a manager, why hire almost exactly the same manager? You have to admit it's rather puzzling.
    If the rumours are correct, this is a man who was urging goalkeepers to shoot more, he also apparently wants players to shoot once they get within thirty yards of goal. To me, it’s feasible that he would want a team that is bigger, stronger and taller than any one else that looks to batter sides into submission with little regard for the skills or niceties of the game.

Can't people be frustrated/pissed off without it being bemusement?