+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Simon Jordan on “disrespectful” Cardiff fans.

Simon Jordan on “disrespectful” Cardiff fans.

To be fair to him, he takes what I’d call a pretty balanced view, but I think he’s wrong about Warnock who was one of our best ever managers until we got promoted (despite signing Madine) and was one of our worst ever afterwards. I also don’t think any serious discussion of the club can completely ignore the, for the most part, garbage football we’ve had to watch in the past ten years or so.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-told-21710007

Re: Simon Jordan on “disrespectful” Cardiff fans.

He's usually spot on in fairness to him.

I disliked the man and thought he was an opinionated arse but can't remember the last time I didn't agree with his underlying point and almost all of what he says.

His style rubs people up the wrong way and in many ways is fuelled by what Talksport want to achieve but he knows his stuff and has lived the football owner life.

Trevor Sinclair had a great time at Cardiff City . He was paid well and spent a lot of time out injured .

There’s a discussion based on this here in one of yesterdays threads

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...=1#post5229826

Sorry but Jordan is talking a load of bollox. He doesn't watch the team week in week out so has no idea what he talking about as is obvious when you start reading his diatribe.

Anyone who doesn't watch the side regularly can shut up as far as I'm concerned. Is it any surprise that the two pundits who watch the side regularly, Jason Perry & Nathan Blake, are in agreement with the fans? No because they actually see what's going on.

These are people that are paid to have opinions and talk about them. I wouldn't put too much stock into what they say. And I certainly don't think much of their speculative insider "knowledge". How come it's the fans that are "disrespectful" and not the players? We pay, we are entitled to voice our displeasure at the product on offer, and to demand more. The players get paid a fortune, and most of them looked like they couldn't be bothered over the past two games. If MM is such a good and respected manager why can't he get more out of the players? I understand, that the squad is probably not to his liking, but he should at least have them prepared and doing their best.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Anyone who doesn't watch the side regularly can shut up as far as I'm concerned. Is it any surprise that the two pundits who watch the side regularly, Jason Perry & Nathan Blake, are in agreement with the fans? No because they actually see what's going on.
    I'm not in agreement with Jordan about the fans so much but his take on the owner and his merry men.

They have no direction, no plan, no idea.

The football under Mick has been dire but he's not had it all his own way. It must be awful working under our owner anyway, never mind when we're on a big cost cutting drive.

We can call for the players to have some passion. More akin to that of the fans but they are players at the end of the day.

A bad run of results hurts very little compared to their own needs, wages and future prospects.
    Many will have forgotten about Cardiff the second they pick up the shirt or scarf of the new club they've signed for and are certainly playing like it lately.

Shame he had a pop at the fans being disrespectful whilst having not watched one game this season and understanding that it is a lot more than four defeats that has caused the discontent. The line ups, manner of defeats, refusal to change tactics, refusal to take off his favourites, praising the centre backs as being fantastic ahead of shipping 9 goals in 2 games (on the back of 8 games without a clean sheet), no goal in the first half all season and 2 goals in 10 games that weren't headers. That's before we get on to 3 wing backs dropped for Tuesday with 5 centre backs across the back 5.

Rest of what he says is fair and normally he's not too far wide of the mark but him and Sinclair backing McCarthy is just typical backing a mate stuff.

He can get in the sea the pompous orange twat

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Anyone who doesn't watch the side regularly can shut up as far as I'm concerned.
    That includes quite a few of the people who post regularly on here then.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Can you blame them? Imagine slogging away allday, getting soaked and getting served up that shiiiite the other day. Most on here have seen enough and earnt their stripes so to speak. I dont go regularly and I doubt I ever will again. I’ll always be in this site though despite the football.

"Mick McCarthy is a very decent football manager"

That says it all for me. He's decent.

Kenny Jacket is a decent manager, maybe even VERY decent if you spoke to Jordan. He ain't managing a biggish club in the Championship though.

MM is too far over-the-hill for this standard in this day and age. It happens to everyone at some point. That's life.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I don't go as much as I once did. A mixture of modern football not being as appealing as it once was, the club treating fans like a number and just life moving on really.
    I've been all over Britain watching City and done more than most and wouldn't change it. I've had some great times, funnily enough some of the best when we've been completely crap. I still go but it isn't religiously like it once was. Not that I've got to justify myself to you.

I wouldn't make up shit to make myself seem more informed than I am though. That was laughable.

Anyone who turned up on a filthy night this week, knowing full well it was going to be awful, deserved to let the manager and players know what they thought of them. The football has been dire for a while and when the results go the wrong way, the fans will turn. I don’t agree that the players are not fighting or caring, I have seen no evidence of that (although I didn’t go to Blackburn). They worked hard on Tuesday but were dreadful tactically and technically.
    MM is of the same mould as NW but their attitude is like chalk and cheese. MM looks like he doesn’t give a fig and that’s what annoys me most.