+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Why can’t we be more like Millwall?

Why can’t we be more like Millwall?

In their catchment area of Bermondsey & Elephant and Castle, Millwall are widely known as “The Team”. Their fans stick behind “The Team” through thick and thin. Millwall fans would not dream of pillorying their side in the manner many of our supporters on the 2 main message boards do.

My 68 year old self still looks forward to every game the City play plus the live experience. I recall the basement divisions all too well and what we have now is far superior to these years, what with the superb stadium we now play in. Not watching the Premiership stars helps as I rarely see any football on TV as I’m just not interested unless it is the City - and to a lesser extent- Wales playing. This makes me appreciate our team so much more as my opinions are based mainly on viewing the City rather than anyone else.

Get behind the team all of you; now they need our support more than ever! Anybody can follow a team doing well; just please help our boys out when they are against it like now.

Re: Why can’t we be more like Millwall?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    In their catchment area of Bermondsey & Elephant and Castle, Millwall are widely known as “The Team”. Their fans stick behind “The Team” through thick and thin. Millwall fans would not dream of pillorying their side in the manner many of our supporters on the 2 main message boards do.

My 68 year old self still looks forward to every game the City play plus the live experience. I recall the basement divisions all too well and what we have now is far superior to these years, what with the superb stadium we now play in. Not watching the Premiership stars helps as I rarely see any football on TV as I’m just not interested unless it is the City - and to a lesser extent- Wales playing. This makes me appreciate our team so much more as my opinions are based mainly on viewing the City rather than anyone else.

Get behind the team all of you; now they need our support more than ever! Anybody can follow a team doing well; just please help our boys out when they are against it like now.
    Unfortunately it wont happen on here though. The board is dominated by ‘fans’ who don't like the owner, chairman, manager, most of the players and don't actually go to games.

They hounded out a club legend like Neil Harris

Holding up Millwall as a shining example for fans, **** me, I'm finished.

They may be horrible, but they are still loyal to their team.

Tbf, they were booing their own players before a ball was kicked just a few months ago.

Haven’t seen anybody suggest they aren’t going to support the team because of the current form? Bit of a non post this.

By the way, our current support is clearly far better than it was 30 years ago when we got 4 blokes and a dog at NP. Booing and voicing opinion doesn’t constitute not supporting your club.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Haven’t seen anybody suggest they aren’t going to support the team because of the current form? Bit of a non post this.

By the way, our current support is clearly far better than it was 30 years ago when we got 4 blokes and a dog at NP. Booing and voicing opinion doesn’t constitute not supporting your club.
    Quite right. If the team are playing badly and the manager appears to not have a clue then, as a loyal supporter, I am entitled to say so. It doesn't diminish my support for the team.
    I will applaud them when they come out on to the pitch on Saturday and if they play like they have the last few games I will probably boo when they leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post

Yes, but the City will always play better with a passionate noisy following behind them.

Alright I’ll start some monkey chants on Saturday

Yes, but the City will always play better with a passionate noisy following behind them.
    When a manager starts 5 centre backs what do you expect? The current apathy among the fans is a reflection of how the club has been ran for the last couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Unfortunately it wont happen on here though. The board is dominated by ‘fans’ who don't like the owner, chairman, manager, most of the players and don't actually go to games.
    It would be interesting to have a poll of the 'regulars' on here to see how many actually do go to games, even occasionally.

Seems like a another don't forget how shit we were post.
    I know I was there but doesn't mean I don't want better now.
    Why can't people grasp that?

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    It would be interesting to have a poll of the 'regulars' on here to see how many actually do go to games, even occasionally.
    Do it, new thread, be interesting to see.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Yeah we could split it..Home / Away / Both.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Stockholm syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Oh I don’t know, why should expectations be any higher now we have a billionaire in charge compared to someone like Tony Clemo?

Millwall supporters would never spring to my mind as supporters I’d want to be akin to.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Can't you be a fan of the club but not keen on those who are passing through?

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Not techy enough I'm afraid, but have down for every home game and between 3 and 5 aways per season.

They may be horrible, but they are still loyal to their team.
    Having just spent the evening last night as a visitor of those lovely folk in Bermondsey, I think what you’re saying is nonsense.

The attendance last night was appalling. Have a look at my post here, I capture the 3 stands. They aren’t turning up to watch them at all.

https://twitter.com/CharlieHorowicz/...373962754?s=20

They also hounded out Neil Harris, booing the team often from the first half.
    Their message board MillwallOnline, now taken down for racism - imagine our shock - was often full of abuse for the team and players.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Can't you be a fan of the club but not keen on those who are passing through?
    Some on here want you to have your coaching badges, a degree in economics, be double jabbed and have membership to the Vincent Tan fan club before you can comment on anything

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    Having just spent the evening last night as a visitor of those lovely folk in Bermondsey, I think what you’re saying is nonsense.

The attendance last night was appalling. Have a look at my post here, I capture the 3 stands. They aren’t turning up to watch them at all.

https://twitter.com/CharlieHorowicz/...373962754?s=20

They also hounded out Neil Harris, booing the team often from the first half.
    Their message board MillwallOnline, now taken down for racism - imagine our shock - was often full of abuse for the team and players.
    Please don't use actual facts in arguments on here, it's frowned upon

Whooooosh!

The op is obviously a wind up.