I would take him at Cardiff

Re: Flynn - Next Cardiff manager ?

Brian?

Not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Nah, Cewnty aren't exactly taking the old 4th Division, by storm, are they?

The only reason his name gets mentioned is cause Newport are down the road from us.

And so it begins.

Kevin Ellison first signing.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Why?

No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Why?
    Saved them from relegation. Finished in the top ten season upon season. Twice in the playoffs. Cup runs, multiple giant killings....... on no budget what so ever.

I don't whether it's ignorance or bitterness sometimes.

He might not be your cup of tea, but he deserves way more credit than people give him on here.

Micky

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    And so it begins.

Kevin Ellison first signing.
    We'd get more minutes out of him than Tomlin

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Saved them from relegation. Finished in the top ten season upon season. Twice in the playoffs. Cup runs, multiple giant killings....... on no budget what so ever.

I don't whether it's ignorance or bitterness sometimes.

He might not be your cup of tea, but he deserves way more credit than people give him on here.
    In league 2...

Sure he's done well there but like I've said, the only reason he gets brought up here is because we are close to Newport. He's failed to get them promoted twice, why does that deserve a championship job?

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    The only reason his name gets mentioned is cause Newport are down the road from us.

Ha very true … I’ve heard Chris Houghton is available

Errol? He we get us playing in a more swashbuckling style.

It's his last game for newport on Saturday.
    So omens are strong that he comes here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58750726

Newport County manager Mike Flynn is set to leave the club after Saturday's League Two game at home to Scunthorpe.

Kitty would have sorted them out !

One for the over 60’s

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Kitty would have sorted them out !

One for the over 60’s
    No Brains SA for the players at full time, if they hadn't pulled their fingers out!

The thought of Flynn being available after the weekend is really worrying.

Surely they wouldnt.

Errol Flynn would be a good choice ,bit cock sure lad , he knows all about long

The fact he's left Newport, going off past appointments and us being in the predicament we are, he's 💯 coming to Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    In league 2...

Sure he's done well there but like I've said, the only reason he gets brought up here is because we are close to Newport. He's failed to get them promoted twice, why does that deserve a championship job?
    For all of the reasons I have previously mentioned.

Why wouldn't he deserve a chance ? 'Cause he's a manager in L2 ?

You say he failed to get them promoted but I think that when you consider he literally had no money to sign players, getting to the POs is more of a success than a failure. Logic would suggest that if he actually had some money he might be able to achieve even more.

It's obviously a risk. I hope he isn't out of his depth if he comes here. But if you're willing to give the likes of Harris, McCarthy, Trollope and Slade a chance at this level, I don't think it's madness to give MF a chance.

Like you said, he's done well.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    The fact he's left Newport, going off past appointments and us being in the predicament we are, he's 💯 coming to Cardiff.
    Looking at the table Newport are bottom half League 2. I think he realises hes going nowhere there and better to leave before they sink lower.

I doubt an ambitious L1 club would want him maybe hes been tapped up by a L2 or National League club.

Hes done nothing to get a job for us. However im concerned slightly as hed be cheap and available.

Badly need 3 points now Saturday so Flynn ends up at somewhere like Tiverton Town or Yeovil before we look to employ someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    For all of the reasons I have previously mentioned.

Why wouldn't he deserve a chance ? 'Cause he's a manager in L2 ?

You say he failed to get them promoted but I think that when you consider he literally had no money to sign players, getting to the POs is more of a success than a failure. Logic would suggest that if he actually had some money he might be able to achieve even more.

It's obviously a risk. I hope he isn't out of his depth if he comes here. But if you're willing to give the likes of Harris, McCarthy, Trollope and Slade a chance at this level, I don't think it's madness to give MF a chance.

Like you said, he's done well.
    Harris - Promoted from league 1, kept Millwall stable in this league for a couple of years

Mick - Come on, he’s far more experienced and travelled than Flynn will ever be.

Trollope and Slade, didn’t want either of them, Slade couldn’t get promoted from the lower leagues so I don’t know how he ended up getting the job. I’d rather we stay away from appointments like that

Logic wouldn’t suggest he’d work well with more money. Look at Warnock, his best signings were free transfers, the minute he was given money he blew it. Do you honestly think any other championship club would give him a ring? He’s getting another league 2 job, a championship job would be lunacy.

And yes he doesn’t deserve a chance because he’s a league 2 manager. It’s a completely different level to us and he’s failed (yes failed, Morecombe don’t have a pot to piss in either) to get out of there twice. Let another league 2 club have him and we can make a serious appointment when Mick ****s off

Slades CV coming here is better than Flynns.