+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Flynn - Next Cardiff manager ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Flynn - Next Cardiff manager ?

Getting Flynn in would be a ridiculous waste of time and money, he'd last 10 matches max.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Getting Flynn in would be a ridiculous waste of time and money, he'd last 10 matches max.
    Why do say that with such certainty? He's been a Football League manager for 4 years. He almost got Newport promoted and he's had some great cup runs. Why couldn't he manage Cardiff?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Why do say that with such certainty? He's been a Football League manager for 4 years. He almost got Newport promoted and he's had some great cup runs. Why couldn't he manage Cardiff?
    Some of our fan base just like to moan.
    Never happy

He could. Same as Durban Hibbit Neal etc.

Flynn would be a bonkers selection. Far worse than Slade.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    He could. Same as Durban Hibbit Neal etc.

Flynn would be a bonkers selection. Far worse than Slade.
    OK. But why do you say that?

"Football league manager"

Only experience in league 2

"Almost got promoted twice"

Lost two finals

Are you his agent by any chance? Since when was almost getting a league 2 side promoted some miraculous achievement, it's not like Newport are paupers at that level, everyone is struggling down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    "Football league manager"

Only experience in league 2

"Almost got promoted twice"

Lost two finals

Are you his agent by any chance? Since when was almost getting a league 2 side promoted some miraculous achievement, it's not like Newport are paupers at that level, everyone is struggling down there.
    No. I am not his agent. And I'm not saying we should hire him, I just want to know why people are so sure it would be a mistake.

No. I am not his agent. And I'm not saying we should hire him, I just want to know why people are so sure it would be a mistake.
    I'd give up if you are expecting a coherent answer from Hilts.

Llandaf's seems to have a little more sense, but he also thinks signing a succesful manager from the Swedish Leagues is light and day when it comes to the standard of managing in League Two. I don't see much of a difference myself.

People are selective in their misgivings and overlook the handicaps that MF has had to deal , whilst consistently overachieving.

Anyone with a bit of sense would give him a chance. He's earned it.