Thread: Covid passports.

Covid passports.

What a load of complete shite.

Only a thicko would want or use one..

Only a double thicko would require one.

I'll be getting mine now in a minute.
    Not.

Re: Covid passports.

If you want to go to a bar or a restaurant in New York you need one. So I've got one. Why would you be afraid to show someone proof of vaccination?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    If you want to go to a bar or a restaurant in New York you need one. So I've got one. Why would you be afraid to show someone proof of vaccination?
    I assume you've got a "proper" one, not the NHS shite we have over here.

Thought the OP was referring to season tickets without reading the heading. As for covid passes, why wouldn’t you want one? A piece of paper or card that enables you to enter venues that you’d be denied entry without one, what’s the big deal?

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    What a load of complete shite.

Only a thicko would want or use one..

Only a double thicko would require one.

I'll be getting mine now in a minute.
    Not.
    If they're brought in, and are essential for getting into places of interest, then only a thicko wouldn't get one

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Thought the OP was referring to season tickets without reading the heading. As for covid passes, why wouldn’t you want one? A piece of paper or card that enables you to enter venues that you’d be denied entry without one, what’s the big deal?
    Have you tried to get yours yet? I tried to get mine yesterday. It was an utter nightmare. I gave up in the end after around 25 minutes on the computer. The system is a disgrace.

I have no problem with the theory at all, but in practice it’s a monumental pain in the arse.

I think they are discriminatory, and unnecessary, especially as the vaccine doesn’t stop transmission or infection. Let’s not forget the vast majority of people will have none, mild, or moderate symptoms without the vaccine anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    If they're brought in, and are essential for getting into places of interest, then only a thicko wouldn't get one
    There’s no ‘if’. You need them from 11th October here in Drakeford’s Wales. City fans over 18 are going to need one to attend matches.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    There’s no ‘if’. You need them from 11th October here in Drakeford’s Wales. City fans over 18 are going to need one to attend matches.
    Didn't realise that mate, missed it amongst all the media scaremongering haha. Ah well I'd better get onto it then, although it's a good excuse not to have to watch the dross on offer at the moment. 😂

Just submitted my request. You have to record a video of you saying some numbers so before you do it, check you've given your browser access to camera and video, otherwise you'll have to start again.

Have you tried to get yours yet? I tried to get mine yesterday. It was an utter nightmare. I gave up in the end after around 25 minutes on the computer. The system is a disgrace.

I have no problem with the theory at all, but in practice it’s a monumental pain in the arse.
    Do you mean the ‘double jab proof’ paper from the NHS Dave? Bit of a faff and a few things to go through, submitting your NHS number, taking a selfie of yourself holding your passport (I think it was your passport) and a piece of paper with the 4 number code they’ve sent. Had it through the post in a few days and have used it a few times at airports with no problem at all.

i got it done after numerous photo taking of my id and printed it out to see and its just a qr code on the paper valid for 30 days the one that turned up on my phone is just the same

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    i got it done after numerous photo taking of my id and printed it out to see and its just a qr code on the paper valid for 30 days the one that turned up on my phone is just the same
    it's valid for 30 days from the day you sign in to your account.

so for example if you were going on holiday you sign in, get a a copy printed or saved to your phone and then when you are away show your printed copy or the image from your phone without needing to sign in each time.

each time you do sign in to your account you get a new code valid for another 30 days

I went to France a few weeks ago and printed my codes out. each time i went to a location that requested it I just showed my piece of paper which they scanned and all good. Or showed the saved image on my phone. The printed page and the image saved to your phone has your details on it so they can cross check with your ID if required.

Also needed to show it in Bristol for a gig and in Cardiff for the Manics last week

It's really not that much of a problem if you prepare a little bit. Jut like having a second ticket when going to a gig and showing ID when you go to a bar.

I found it far more straightforward to get my covid "passport" onto my mobile 'phone than getting my match tickets!

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Just submitted my request. You have to record a video of you saying some numbers so before you do it, check you've given your browser access to camera and video, otherwise you'll have to start again.
    Are you sure I just typed my info in and that was it

They are debating it in WAG or what ever its called next week

Question ?
    If as reported, some of our players haven’t had the covid jab, how will they be able to enter the CCS after the 11th October ?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Question ?
    If as reported, some of our players haven’t had the covid jab, how will they be able to enter the CCS after the 11th October ?
    Vinny's mum has dug a tunnel , they've had to widen it as Tomlin is having a few problems getting through.

I don't agree with them on principle, and certainly don't agree with the Scottish approach (at least Drakeford's system allows for a negative test).

I am reluctantly happy to play along for a short while longer mind.

my oldest needed the NHS C19 Passport for going to Uni freshers stuff, they were doing 2 coloured wrist bands, one if you had shown the passport, the other you needed to show.a LFT result in the last 24 hours, of course people who hadn't had the 2 jabs were just scanning the QR code on the LFT and clicking Negative, the text came back, job done

as it goes, the turnaround for the NHS one was about 24 hours, took a pic of her passport, said a few words in the app and was approved the next day, all pretty painless

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Do you mean the ‘double jab proof’ paper from the NHS Dave? Bit of a faff and a few things to go through, submitting your NHS number, taking a selfie of yourself holding your passport (I think it was your passport) and a piece of paper with the 4 number code they’ve sent. Had it through the post in a few days and have used it a few times at airports with no problem at all.
    I tried to do it yesterday through the NHS website. Firstly, I had to set up an NHS account with my NHS number, which I had ready. Then I was sent a verification e-mail with some numbers I had to enter. Then I was sent a verification text with some more numbers I had to enter. Then I had to scan in a copy of my passport. Then I had to take a video of myself reading out four numbers. No picture appeared on the screen when I pressed record despite my webcam being attached to the computer, turned on and working just fine (I'd been using it ten minutes before I attempted to get the Covid pass). It was a ballache. I gave up in the end as there was nothing more I could do.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    as it goes, the turnaround for the NHS one was about 24 hours, took a pic of her passport, said a few words in the app and was approved the next day, all pretty painless
    Pretty painless if you have the app maybe. I don't have the app and I don't want the ****ing thing either. Neither do I want to take my mobile phone to any of the gigs where I will need this pass, so an app is no ****ing good to me.

I tried to do it yesterday through the NHS website. Firstly, I had to set up an NHS account with my NHS number, which I had ready. Then I was sent a verification e-mail with some numbers I had to enter. Then I was sent a verification text with some more numbers I had to enter. Then I had to scan in a copy of my passport. Then I had to take a video of myself reading out four numbers. No picture appeared on the screen when I pressed record despite my webcam being attached to the computer, turned on and working just fine (I'd been using it ten minutes before I attempted to get the Covid pass). It was a ballache. I gave up in the end as there was nothing more I could do.
    Jesus, that sounds complicated. Looks like i'll have to swerve social functions and holidays with my missus. That's a real bummer...

Is the card showing your jab appointments enough?

I don't go to gigs any more so I will only need it for the CCS if they implement it.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Is the card showing your jab appointments enough?
    No, you'll have to have an NHS Covid pass.