+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Covid passports.

Re: Covid passports.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    No, you'll have to have an NHS Covid pass.
    I thought that they said "you'll need a covid passport or proof that you've had two jabs" or words to that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I thought that they said "you'll need a covid passport or proof that you've had two jabs" or words to that effect.
    That’s what it is. The card you got isn’t good enough apparently. I have had to get one twice. The first time was time consuming and a potch but the second time I got one in a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    it's valid for 30 days from the day you sign in to your account.

so for example if you were going on holiday you sign in, get a a copy printed or saved to your phone and then when you are away show your printed copy or the image from your phone without needing to sign in each time.

each time you do sign in to your account you get a new code valid for another 30 days

I went to France a few weeks ago and printed my codes out. each time i went to a location that requested it I just showed my piece of paper which they scanned and all good. Or showed the saved image on my phone. The printed page and the image saved to your phone has your details on it so they can cross check with your ID if required.

Also needed to show it in Bristol for a gig and in Cardiff for the Manics last week

It's really not that much of a problem if you prepare a little bit. Jut like having a second ticket when going to a gig and showing ID when you go to a bar.
    All very well if you are gadget savvy/IT literate. But there are huge amounts of people that are not, including City/football fans. The paper certificate option gives hope for these people, and requires making a phone call to a designated NHS number. However, from the twice thus far i have tried it has not answered (20 minutes each time). I understand the need for these things, but processes are never thought out well or take into consideration that there are many people with limited digital ability. I am of the opinion many city fans will just not bother, as it seems to much of a pain in the butt, especially to watch dross.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    What a load of complete shite.

Only a thicko would want or use one..

Only a double thicko would require one.

This is your mate, Dapps. I don’t understand your reluctance here. Please explain your reasoning. Thanks.

I'll be getting mine now in a minute.
    Not.
    I don’t understand your reasoning here. This is from your mate Dapps.

Pretty painless if you have the app maybe. I don't have the app and I don't want the ****ing thing either. Neither do I want to take my mobile phone to any of the gigs where I will need this pass, so an app is no ****ing good to me.
    Well said!
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    If you want to go to a bar or a restaurant in New York you need one. So I've got one. Why would you be afraid to show someone proof of vaccination?
    It's determined state by state in the US, right?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    It's determined state by state in the US, right?
    You mean the demand for proof of vaccination? That's a city thing.

The passport apps are issued by the states. You download the app and it pulls your state vaccination records. Also, everyone has a vaccination card they got at the time of their first shot that was filled in and signed by the healthcare workers as they administered the first and second shots. Most of the apps are different, but some states use the same platform. Mine is called "Docket". There's also "Excelsior" and "NYC Covid Safe". Mine was very easy to set up, just download the app, enter your phone number and date of birth and that's it.

I've done mine, says valid in England and only for a month so **** knows if that's the right one

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    I've done mine, says valid in England and only for a month so **** knows if that's the right one
    That's the one I got.

Looking to try to go to Germany before the end of the year and hoping to take in a game there. I'm really looking forward to that conversation at the turnstile with the NHS pass.

"Vot ist dat?" 😀

Hahaha

I tried to do it yesterday through the NHS website. Firstly, I had to set up an NHS account with my NHS number, which I had ready. Then I was sent a verification e-mail with some numbers I had to enter. Then I was sent a verification text with some more numbers I had to enter. Then I had to scan in a copy of my passport. Then I had to take a video of myself reading out four numbers. No picture appeared on the screen when I pressed record despite my webcam being attached to the computer, turned on and working just fine (I'd been using it ten minutes before I attempted to get the Covid pass). It was a ballache. I gave up in the end as there was nothing more I could do.
    Mate, make sure the settings on your browser are set up to allow access to the camera and mic.

Feedback

Have you tried to get yours yet? I tried to get mine yesterday. It was an utter nightmare. I gave up in the end after around 25 minutes on the computer. The system is a disgrace.

I have no problem with the theory at all, but in practice it’s a monumental pain in the arse.
    its really easy if you use the website. you'd have to be a special kind of stupid to find it difficult

Pretty painless if you have the app maybe. I don't have the app and I don't want the ****ing thing either. Neither do I want to take my mobile phone to any of the gigs where I will need this pass, so an app is no ****ing good to me.
    I think you're thinking of the much maligned NHS Track and Trace app. The NHS app is separate, although I don't think it can be used for Covid passes in Wales

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Question ?
    If as reported, some of our players haven’t had the covid jab, how will they be able to enter the CCS after the 11th October ?
    Very good question this

Feedback

I tried to do it yesterday through the NHS website. Firstly, I had to set up an NHS account with my NHS number, which I had ready. Then I was sent a verification e-mail with some numbers I had to enter. Then I was sent a verification text with some more numbers I had to enter. Then I had to scan in a copy of my passport. Then I had to take a video of myself reading out four numbers. No picture appeared on the screen when I pressed record despite my webcam being attached to the computer, turned on and working just fine (I'd been using it ten minutes before I attempted to get the Covid pass). It was a ballache. I gave up in the end as there was nothing more I could do.
    the lack of video is just a glitch. you can continue after that even if the video is not showing, just press the "continue" button (or whatever it say to continue)

Well cinders, you shall not go to the ball

but on a serious note, if you don't want to take your phone out the gigs, just take a screenshot, print out the pass, laminate it and you are good to go ( of course you will need to install the NHS app, but its not that big a app, its just a portal to your NHS records )

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I think you're thinking of the much maligned NHS Track and Trace app. The NHS app is separate, although I don't think it can be used for Covid passes in Wales

indeed, had this conversation a few times recently, the evil Track and trace app is not required, its the NHS app and its just a portal to your NHS records

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    indeed, had this conversation a few times recently, the evil Track and trace app is not required, its the NHS app and its just a portal to your NHS records
    its not available in wales though

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Looks like there could be numerous exemptions
    Attached Images Attached Images

Serious question. WTF?
    I coming home for a month or so in November, was hoping/expecting to go to CCS.
    I’ve no idea from the thread above what I need.
    I’ve got my Covid passport on the NHS app but what’s this about England v Wales issue & only lasting a month?

I’ve travelled extensively through Europe, hotels, restaurants, Legia v Leicester, not been asked once!

Tried to get one online and was told that the photo I provided of my driving licence (which was accepted by a bank and utility company for identification purposes) was not acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Tried to get one online and was told that the photo I provided of my driving licence (which was accepted by a bank and utility company for identification purposes) was not acceptable.
    On a similar note, I’ve just ordered a lease car for my wife. I haven’t had any loans, mortgages or any form of credit since 2012. As a result they asked security questions about a loan from 1998 & another from 2007, which I had no clue. My driving license was issued in 1979. They used the signature from that for my ID then told me that they’d refused the finance agreement because the signature I used (40 years later) does not match. In the end I had to forge my own signature to get it approved. It’s taken 6 weeks to get it approved.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    On a similar note, I’ve just ordered a lease car for my wife. I haven’t had any loans, mortgages or any form of credit since 2012. As a result they asked security questions about a loan from 1998 & another from 2007, which I had no clue. My driving license was issued in 1979. They used the signature from that for my ID then told me that they’d refused the finance agreement because the signature I used (40 years later) does not match. In the end I had to forge my own signature to get it approved. It’s taken 6 weeks to get it approved.
    Welcome to Modern Britain

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    i had the same sent another 3 photos the same and bingo it worked