+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Covid passports.

Re: Covid passports.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    it doesnt work in wales

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Tried to get one online and was told that the photo I provided of my driving licence (which was accepted by a bank and utility company for identification purposes) was not acceptable.
    All this online stuff is causing much anxiety Paul. Just reading this tread proves all the different views and endorsements. IT geeks find it so easy, others struggle. But i am also of the opinion that many with good IT skills are also stumbling with it, me and you included. I eventually got it sorted over the phone and we did my daughters at the same time, the mrs later tried online and gave up and eventually got through on the phone. I really feel for people who do not have phones and or IT knowledge.
    Spedger

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I think they are discriminatory, and unnecessary, especially as the vaccine doesn’t stop transmission or infection. Let’s not forget the vast majority of people will have none, mild, or moderate symptoms without the vaccine anyway.
    I hope that you are in the 'vast majority' (as you say) if you get Covid.

Otherwise you could be another statistic that has needlessly put pressure on the NHS ... adding to the misery of millions of people who have not been able to get treatment for potentially life threatening conditions.

I don't know why we are flapping. Lose the next couple of games and the attendance figure will be below the covid pass threshold anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    I hope that you are in the 'vast majority' (as you say) if you get Covid.

Otherwise you could be another statistic that has needlessly put pressure on the NHS ... adding to the misery of millions of people who have not been able to get treatment for potentially life threatening conditions.

I beg your pardon ?

I’ve had Covid , according to the PCR test which is known for false positives, and for me ,like the vast majority of people was mild, no worse that a bad cold. The chief medical officers words not mine by the way.

With regards to “ putting pressure on the NHS” for a start they have lost 5,000 beds in the last year from government cuts and personally, I don’t smoke , hardly drink and exercise 5 times a week and have never been overweight which apparent increases your chances of moderate to severe symptoms ten fold.

The NHS needs a complete overhaul starting within the middle management structure. Face to face appointments would also help now that most people have received their two injections.

For a comparison, the IFR is comparable to influenza , (0.019) however , they don’t test a million people per day for that for some reason.

As a side , thankfully we do appear to be coming out of this dark period in our history.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    I don't know why we are flapping. Lose the next couple of games and the attendance figure will be below the covid pass threshold anyway.
    Ha ha indeed

I've been jabbed and I went through the tortuous process to get the digital certificate. My wife isn't so she just orders some lateral flow tests, took the code from one of them and recorded it as negative and got an email confirmation of it.

All sorted this morning by phoning:- 03003035667

This for people who haven’t (or don’t want to use it) got tinternet

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    All sorted this morning by phoning:- 03003035667

This for people who haven’t (or don’t want to use it) got tinternet
    How would they read that if they haven't got (or don't want to use) the internet

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    How would they read that if they haven't got (or don't want to use) the internet

Exactly, how did I even write it

It’s information out there for maybe wives/husbands/partners who ain’t got email addresses

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Tried to get one online and was told that the photo I provided of my driving licence (which was accepted by a bank and utility company for identification purposes) was not acceptable.
    I had the exact same thing Paul.

Mine says valid in England, it’s amazing how difficult it is to work through this.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

I beg your pardon ?

I’ve had Covid , according to the PCR test which is known for false positives, and for me ,like the vast majority of people was mild, no worse that a bad cold. The chief medical officers words not mine by the way.

With regards to “ putting pressure on the NHS” for a start they have lost 5,000 beds in the last year from government cuts and personally, I don’t smoke , hardly drink and exercise 5 times a week and have never been overweight which apparent increases your chances of moderate to severe symptoms ten fold.

The NHS needs a complete overhaul starting within the middle management structure. Face to face appointments would also help now that most people have received their two injections.

For a comparison, the IFR is comparable to influenza , (0.019) however , they don’t test a million people per day for that for some reason.

As a side , thankfully we do appear to be coming out of this dark period in our history.
    To be honest, I have not got a clue what you are on about.

Those who claim (and I suppose this includes you) that Covid is something we should not be too concerned about are deluded.

Some light reading for you:

https://www.bma.org.uk/advice-and-su...nts-in-the-nhs

Covid passes narrowly passed in the Senedd. 28 for, 27 against

Introduced from Monday

Have to add my tale........First vaccination in ENgland....second in Wales......and never the twain shall meet....not joined up......
    After several months wrangling, both are recorded in NHS Wales. BUT BUT BUT.....cannot get a certificate because a) one has to be registered to a UK doctor...and b) it has to be sent to the address registered with that doctor.......
    As I actually reside in France (was back in UK for a few months) this has proved insurmountable. Consequently I have not bee able to go to a restaurant with my family nor take my children to public play places in France....
    It has gone round and round like pass the parcel..... NHS Wales.....Jenny Rathbone ...MP....Eluned Morgan. (Health Minister)....all to no avail. A complete and utter shambles. No-one will take accountability for finding a solution.

My eventual recourse is that later this month I will be eligible for a (3rd) booster in France, after which I can get a French Pass!!

it has to be

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Covid passes narrowly passed in the Senedd. 28 for, 27 against

Introduced from Monday
    Got through because 1 Conservative member couldn't connect on line to vote. A tie would have gone to the presiding officer who would have voted against.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Got through because 1 Conservative member couldn't connect on line to vote. A tie would have gone to the presiding officer who would have voted against.
    Yeah I saw that, not a good look if it's true.

Interesting that Plaid Cymru went against Labour, a way of flexing their muscles ahead of any negotiations or maybe a way to differentiate themselves ahead of the Council elections?

Tinternet fails yet again !!!

It’s great this tinternet thingy in it

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Have to add my tale........First vaccination in ENgland....second in Wales......and never the twain shall meet....not joined up......
    After several months wrangling, both are recorded in NHS Wales. BUT BUT BUT.....cannot get a certificate because a) one has to be registered to a UK doctor...and b) it has to be sent to the address registered with that doctor.......
    As I actually reside in France (was back in UK for a few months) this has proved insurmountable. Consequently I have not bee able to go to a restaurant with my family nor take my children to public play places in France....
    It has gone round and round like pass the parcel..... NHS Wales.....Jenny Rathbone ...MP....Eluned Morgan. (Health Minister)....all to no avail. A complete and utter shambles. No-one will take accountability for finding a solution.

My eventual recourse is that later this month I will be eligible for a (3rd) booster in France, after which I can get a French Pass!!

it has to be
    Absolute shambles mate. 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Tinternet fails yet again !!!

It’s great this tinternet thingy in it
    Watch out here's Fred Flintstone. 😅

Guy on BBC Wales lunchtime news said "don't worry about it saying it is only for England - it is the same in Wales"
    So ignore the England only message.

Of course it would be far too difficult to amend it or get a Welsh version.

Clown country.

Can see this being forcible. Police have better things to do

I think they are discriminatory, and unnecessary, especially as the vaccine doesn’t stop transmission or infection. Let’s not forget the vast majority of people will have none, mild, or moderate symptoms without the vaccine anyway.
    It doesn’t completely stop transmission but it massively reduces the chances of transmission and infection

I was in France last month and had to use their app which lets you load nhs info in and it was very easy to do.

Is the NHS Wales app different to the NHS England one? I’ve used it a few times for travelling and it couldn’t be any easier really.

Welcome to Welsh government,

https://apple.news/AE8zqElQyRmOM4jz7H5CbVw

What a farce !!!