+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Covid passports.

Re: Covid passports.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Very definitely, 100% Drakeford. We can’t blame the Tories for a policy proposed by and voted in by Labour.
    Of course Drakeford is accountable. He wouldnt call it blame though. This is a Welsh Labour policy.

But Arty must be furious with this Tory member failing to vote.

If hed done what he was supposed to it wouldnt have been passed and it would have been a complete embarrassment and bloody nose to Welsh Labour. A major feck up.

It’s a crazy situation. The players don’t have to be vaccinated, and plenty apparently aren’t, but you’ll have to be vaccinated to watch them.
    The players will have been tested though same as the fans who dont have a pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    The players will have been tested though same as the fans who dont have a pass.
    How often are the players tested? And when?

If they are anything like " elite sports persons " ( at my daughters Uni ) then they just get a LFT, scan them, click on Negative and away they go, a negative test

I wouldn't read too much into the " tested twice a week " story

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Seems bloody ridiculous to me - apparently all you need to do to get a paper one is give a name and postcode and yet you've got to jump through all sorts of hoops if you try to get an electronic one.
    Yes (you also have to give your date of birth and NHS number) but they check the details you give against their database provided by your GP, to confirm that you have had the jabs and then send the certificate to your NHS registered address, so it is actually more secure than the digital way.

True...if you use the NHS app. If you get set up for the online NHS version (with proof of identity such as passport) then the QR code is valid in England and Wales.

I’ve just requested a paper version over the phone and in fairness the process was very quick and easy. Basically, they just wanted my name, date of birth and postcode.

Fingers crossed it arrives in time for next Thursday, which is the first time I’ll need it. If not, I guess I’ll have to try the online nonsense again.

Thought it was twice a week.

Are employees excluded not just players. ?They are all entering the venues.

Very definitely, 100% Drakeford. We can’t blame the Tories for a policy proposed by and voted in by Labour.
    Which would never have succeeded if a certain Tory had got his act together.

I wouldn't call it 'blame' I would call it credit to him and the WG ruling party.

I want to turn up at the ground with a reasonable chance of not getting the virus. It's a perfectly sensible move and businesses will need to make the necessary arrangements to check documents.

This is a massive health issue, not a whim to put people to a bit of inconvenience for no reason.

People love a moan, it's hardly a hardship. Took 10 mins to sort online last month, and everytime you log in it extends the validity for another month. Happy days. Got zero time for anti vaxxers so won't lose too much sleep that they'll have to do a test to be able to go the City.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I want to turn up at the ground with a reasonable chance of not getting the virus.
    Oh, I should think you’ll be fine at the ground, sitting in the open air in a 36,000-capacity stadium with 15,000 fans rattling around like peas in a drum.

However, you may be in danger of contracting the virus in the pub, or a restaurant, or on the bus or train. No Covid passes necessary in those settings.

I got the bus home at around 4:30pm yesterday. We were packed on there like sardines, but nobody was required to show proof of vaccination or negative lateral flow tests.

Like most people, I have no problem at all with any Covid-19 measures provided they make sense. However, this is one that doesn’t.

The egg chasing will be interesting with a full capacity.

Banned

Have you tried to get yours yet? I tried to get mine yesterday. It was an utter nightmare. I gave up in the end after around 25 minutes on the computer. The system is a disgrace.

I have no problem with the theory at all, but in practice it’s a monumental pain in the arse.
    It's not at all .
    It's a piece of pisz.
    Stop being a fanny

Banned

I gave up reading this thread after page 2
    Fack me there's some right snowflakes on here aye.
    The pass is simple to get, I'm writing this in a Greek bar having a mythos , if some of you had to get the covid pass AND have to fill in the Greek passenger locater form and the British one on return , then you'd probably keel over.
    Fack sake get a grip

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    I gave up reading this thread after page 2
    Fack me there's some right snowflakes on here aye.
    The pass is simple to get, I'm writing this in a Greek bar having a mythos , if some of you had to get the covid pass AND have to fill in the Greek passenger locater form and the British one on return , then you'd probably keel over.
    Fack sake get a grip
    I'll raise you a Spanish locater form! Just done mine. Took a while to work out that not only is UK no longer EU and therefore not part of the EU Covid passport scheme, neither is UK an approved country or territory on the EU list. I presume it's similar for Greece. Complicated but doable.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    People love a moan, it's hardly a hardship. Took 10 mins to sort online last month, and everytime you log in it extends the validity for another month. Happy days. Got zero time for anti vaxxers so won't lose too much sleep that they'll have to do a test to be able to go the City.
    It’s nothing to do with being “Anti -Vax “ ( such a lazy term).

Let’s just see how this ends …. It’s gone from three weeks to flatten curve to potential medical discrimination and coercion hasn’t it ?

It could also be argued that the vote that was passed was invalid. I’m all for certain rules if they make sense and follow the scientific evidence, but VP’s clearly don’t.

Have you seen who’s exempt ? M.P’s , diplomats etc. Why would they be exempt if they have all been double jabbed ?

We all have different views and concerns regarding the Virus but this policy is awful and I think the passports will be rolled out to many other things that are currently considered normal in everyday life. The psssports will probably be dependent on six monthly boosters in the near future.

I’ve also been told that lateral flow tests ( which are incredibly inaccurate) will no longer be free to the public imminently thus adding a financial burden to less well off families

QUESTION :------ How will the people checking on the doors/turnstiles/Etc, know it's the person to whom the PAPER PASSPORT, was issued to ?

Will they ask for additional ID. ?

Where will it end ?

Old Duckford hasn't thought this one through very well.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    QUESTION :------ How will the people checking on the doors/turnstiles/Etc, know it's the person to whom the PAPER PASSPORT, was issued to ?

Where will it end ?

Its going to match your ticket. If your names not on the ticket maybe extra id or they wont bother. Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Where will it end ?

Shouldn’t be a problem with season ticket holders. You’d only need to register your covid pass once with the club, even though you do need to log on once a month to keep it up to date, it’s the same piece of paper. It could then be paired up with your fan number and season ticket card so no need to take your pass every game. The club could easily get this up and running by, say, season 2025/26

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Shouldn’t be a problem with season ticket holders. You’d only need to register your covid pass once with the club, even though you do need to log on once a month to keep it up to date, it’s the same piece of paper. It could then be paired up with your fan number and season ticket card so no need to take your pass every game. The club could easily get this up and running by, say, season 2025/26

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    The psssports will probably be dependent on six monthly boosters in the near future.

I’ve also been told that lateral flow tests ( which are incredibly inaccurate) will no longer be free to the public imminently thus adding a financial burden to less well off families
    Well yeah- that would make perfect sense. If boosters are needed to maintain protection then absolutely the passport should be dependent on being up to date with the boosters.

And who told you lateral flow tests will stop being free? I can sort of see the purpose of that too: as you say they are less accurate than PCR anyway and the results can be kept private whereas govt would have better visibility of the spread. I'm not surw why it would mean expense for anyone if PCR remains free

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Will that hinder fans who use someone else's fan number to buy a ticket for a game ? ie could we see a few fans refused entry to the Swansea game next week?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Under 18’s free to enter as they please !!!!!

Isn’t covid now rife in schools and colleges ?