+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Covid passports.

Re: Covid passports.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Under 18’s free to enter as they please !!!!!

Isn’t covid now rife in schools and colleges ?
    There's at least 11 school aged children on my flight to Mahon now. I wonder how many "have Covid" and are on cheap flights abroad.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Oh, I should think you’ll be fine at the ground, sitting in the open air in a 36,000-capacity stadium with 15,000 fans rattling around like peas in a drum.
    Try walking through the Canton concourse between 1400-1500, absolute Covid factory. And I say that as someone who got Covid there (albeit at a Wales game against Estonia)

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    There's at least 11 school aged children on my flight to Mahon now. I wonder how many "have Covid" and are on cheap flights abroad.

If we have all been double vaccinated ,I don’t see a problem. That’s the whole point isn’t it ?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    If we have all been double vaccinated ,I don’t see a problem. That’s the whole point isn’t it ?
    Double vaccination doesn't stop you getting or spreading Covid. Just reduces the risk and impact. Younger, school aged children won't have been vaccinated. Even though it's Saturday, they won't be in school on Monday. One of them, aged about 10, was licking the handrails! Not the most hygienic way to exit the country.

Under 18’s free to enter as they please !!!!!

Isn’t covid now rife in schools and colleges ?
    I know of a valleys' comp of around 1000 pupils and there have been just over 100 who have had Covid in a month.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Double vaccination doesn't stop you getting or spreading Covid. Just reduces the risk and impact. Younger, school aged children won't have been vaccinated. Even though it's Saturday, they won't be in school on Monday. One of them, aged about 10, was licking the handrails! Not the most hygienic way to exit the country.

I am aware of that , but younger school aged children are not really at risk of the disease ( that’s well known ) my son has had Covid and for him it was a runny nose / mild cold, as it was for me coincidentally.

I think it’s time to trust the vaccine process and start to move forward , whilst ensuring a decent balanced diet, regular exercise, and maintaining a high level of hygiene.

The more children who are infected the better it is for the older generation as they create population immunity.

All of this information is on the ONS website.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I am aware of that , but younger school aged children are not really at risk of the disease ( that’s well known ) my son has had Covid and for him it was a runny nose / mild cold, as it was for me coincidentally.

I think it’s time to trust the vaccine process and start to move forward , whilst ensuring a decent balanced diet, regular exercise, and maintaining a high level of hygiene.

The more children who are infected the better it is for the older generation as they create population immunity.

All of this information is on the ONS website.
    We certainly can't be locked down for ever.

Just read this unbelievable paragraph:——

“Large events could also be allowed to check passes at random, rather than check every person who attends.” !!!!

Shirley this can’t be true ?

Pick and choose, randomly select, are they taking the pi&&

Are they Blue or Purple ?

Anyone trying to get a pass online today? Website seems to be broken.

Some people on Twitter freaking out as they can't complete online check in to their airlines without the Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Anyone trying to get a pass online today? Website seems to be broken.

Some people on Twitter freaking out as they can't complete online check in to their airlines without the Pass.
    To be fair people have had a good while to sort them out. You’ve needed them to fly for ages so why people hadn’t organised them in advance God knows. You’d sort your passport out if it was out of date and you were going abroad.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    To be fair people have had a good while to sort them out. You’ve needed them to fly for ages so why people hadn’t organised them in advance God knows. You’d sort your passport out if it was out of date and you were going abroad.
    The site crashed today. Couldnt access my pass online. Not great.

Ive now got in and downloaded a Pdf copy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    The site crashed today. Couldnt access my pass online. Not great.

Ive now got in and downloaded a Pdf copy as well.
    Always have the original printed off seems to be the lesson here. I did print off a couple of copies but the ‘word’ copy comes out on it, not acceptable, it must be the original. I think it’s wise to print everything off and take it with you, travel vouchers, hotel vouchers, transfer vouchers, boarding passes etc. Relying on your ‘phone alone isn’t a wise move.

Just read this unbelievable paragraph:——

“Large events could also be allowed to check passes at random, rather than check every person who attends.” !!!!

Shirley this can’t be true ?

Pick and choose, randomly select, are they taking the pi&&
    What a load of rubbish the whole thing is.

Are people seriously ok with this? Producing a pass to prove you’ve had a voluntary vaccination?

Really wonder where we’d draw the line as a population, if indeed anywhere

I'd like to share with you my first experience of using my 'Covid Passport'.

My NHS letter arrived yesterday afternoon, in plenty of time for the sold-out gig at Cardiff University's Great Hall that I attended this evening. Upon arrival at the venue, a steward was walking up and down the queue telling people to have their Covid passports ready for inspection. When I got to the front of the queue, I attempted to show my letter to the female steward who was on my side of the barriers. Without even looking at it, she said: "Yeah, great, get your ticket ready."

I could have shown her my electricity bill or something I'd randomly printed off the internet for all the difference it made. The steward barely glanced at my letter, which comes as no surprise. After all, I've wandered into a couple of sell-out shows at Cardiff's Tramshed in recent years without even having to show my gig ticket. I'm going there again in a fortnight. I'll be astonished if the door staff give anything more than a cursory glance at my ticket, let alone my Covid letter.

All sorted this morning by phoning:- 03003035667

This for people who haven’t (or don’t want to use it) got tinternet
    I tried that number from my landline (Virgin) and all I get is "This srvice is not compatible with this call"

I can't use the "smart" route as I don't have a valid photo ID.I tried the 119 service and after going round in circles with their options, finally spoke to someone who directed me to the same bloody number!

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I tried that number from my landline (Virgin) and all I get is "This srvice is not compatible with this call"

I can't use the "smart" route as I don't have a valid photo ID.I tried the 119 service and after going round in circles with their options, finally spoke to someone who directed me to the same bloody number!
    Haven’t you got a mobile phone ???

Yes, but line goes dead when I ring from that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    There’s no ‘if’. You need them from 11th October here in Drakeford’s Wales. City fans over 18 are going to need one to attend matches.
    Have the players and officials got to be double vaccinated? Are they even going to be checking their vaccination status?

If it's typical of everything else that Dripford has done so far, he's not even thought of the possibility.

Yes, but line goes dead when I ring from that.

I just rang that number from my mobile. It does appear to be a dead line, as it doesn’t start ringing.

But, stay on-line, it started ringing after about a minute

Landline suddenly started working. I'm now in a bloody queue.

(I hardly use a mobile, so I have a P&g.
    Finally got through on that, but I used up a quid of credit listening to the options!)

Landline suddenly started working. I'm now in a bloody queue.

(I hardly use a mobile, so I have a P&g.
    Finally got through on that, but I used up a quid of credit listening to the options!)
    Just got through. 11 minutes in queue. Would have cleaned out my mobile credit.
    Now I just have to hope that it arrives before the boro game!

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    What a load of rubbish the whole thing is.

Are people seriously ok with this? Producing a pass to prove you’ve had a voluntary vaccination?

Really wonder where we’d draw the line as a population, if indeed anywhere
    You think its a load of rubbish ? I think its excellent. Helping to save lives it is called. I want to know that the person that I am sitting or standing next to cares enough about their own health and that of others to get the vaccinations. Not a full guarantee of not having or getting Covid I know but reduces the risk sufficiently to make me feel easier about taking the risk and trying to return to nearer normal. If I catch Covid, I die - simple as that. Anyone who doesn't get the jabs (other than for medical reasons) obviously doesn't care and is playing Russian Roulette with their own lives and everyone else that they meet.