+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Covid passports.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Covid passports.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Thought the OP was referring to season tickets without reading the heading. As for covid passes, why wouldn’t you want one? A piece of paper or card that enables you to enter venues that you’d be denied entry without one, what’s the big deal?
    Have you tried to get yours yet? I tried to get mine yesterday. It was an utter nightmare. I gave up in the end after around 25 minutes on the computer. The system is a disgrace.

I have no problem with the theory at all, but in practice it’s a monumental pain in the arse.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Have you tried to get yours yet? I tried to get mine yesterday. It was an utter nightmare. I gave up in the end after around 25 minutes on the computer. The system is a disgrace.

I have no problem with the theory at all, but in practice it’s a monumental pain in the arse.
    Do you mean the ‘double jab proof’ paper from the NHS Dave? Bit of a faff and a few things to go through, submitting your NHS number, taking a selfie of yourself holding your passport (I think it was your passport) and a piece of paper with the 4 number code they’ve sent. Had it through the post in a few days and have used it a few times at airports with no problem at all.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Do you mean the ‘double jab proof’ paper from the NHS Dave? Bit of a faff and a few things to go through, submitting your NHS number, taking a selfie of yourself holding your passport (I think it was your passport) and a piece of paper with the 4 number code they’ve sent. Had it through the post in a few days and have used it a few times at airports with no problem at all.
    I tried to do it yesterday through the NHS website. Firstly, I had to set up an NHS account with my NHS number, which I had ready. Then I was sent a verification e-mail with some numbers I had to enter. Then I was sent a verification text with some more numbers I had to enter. Then I had to scan in a copy of my passport. Then I had to take a video of myself reading out four numbers. No picture appeared on the screen when I pressed record despite my webcam being attached to the computer, turned on and working just fine (I'd been using it ten minutes before I attempted to get the Covid pass). It was a ballache. I gave up in the end as there was nothing more I could do.

Feedback

I tried to do it yesterday through the NHS website. Firstly, I had to set up an NHS account with my NHS number, which I had ready. Then I was sent a verification e-mail with some numbers I had to enter. Then I was sent a verification text with some more numbers I had to enter. Then I had to scan in a copy of my passport. Then I had to take a video of myself reading out four numbers. No picture appeared on the screen when I pressed record despite my webcam being attached to the computer, turned on and working just fine (I'd been using it ten minutes before I attempted to get the Covid pass). It was a ballache. I gave up in the end as there was nothing more I could do.
    the lack of video is just a glitch. you can continue after that even if the video is not showing, just press the "continue" button (or whatever it say to continue)

i got it done after numerous photo taking of my id and printed it out to see and its just a qr code on the paper valid for 30 days the one that turned up on my phone is just the same

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    i got it done after numerous photo taking of my id and printed it out to see and its just a qr code on the paper valid for 30 days the one that turned up on my phone is just the same
    it's valid for 30 days from the day you sign in to your account.

so for example if you were going on holiday you sign in, get a a copy printed or saved to your phone and then when you are away show your printed copy or the image from your phone without needing to sign in each time.

each time you do sign in to your account you get a new code valid for another 30 days

I went to France a few weeks ago and printed my codes out. each time i went to a location that requested it I just showed my piece of paper which they scanned and all good. Or showed the saved image on my phone. The printed page and the image saved to your phone has your details on it so they can cross check with your ID if required.

Also needed to show it in Bristol for a gig and in Cardiff for the Manics last week

It's really not that much of a problem if you prepare a little bit. Jut like having a second ticket when going to a gig and showing ID when you go to a bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    it's valid for 30 days from the day you sign in to your account.

so for example if you were going on holiday you sign in, get a a copy printed or saved to your phone and then when you are away show your printed copy or the image from your phone without needing to sign in each time.

each time you do sign in to your account you get a new code valid for another 30 days

I went to France a few weeks ago and printed my codes out. each time i went to a location that requested it I just showed my piece of paper which they scanned and all good. Or showed the saved image on my phone. The printed page and the image saved to your phone has your details on it so they can cross check with your ID if required.

Also needed to show it in Bristol for a gig and in Cardiff for the Manics last week

It's really not that much of a problem if you prepare a little bit. Jut like having a second ticket when going to a gig and showing ID when you go to a bar.
    All very well if you are gadget savvy/IT literate. But there are huge amounts of people that are not, including City/football fans. The paper certificate option gives hope for these people, and requires making a phone call to a designated NHS number. However, from the twice thus far i have tried it has not answered (20 minutes each time). I understand the need for these things, but processes are never thought out well or take into consideration that there are many people with limited digital ability. I am of the opinion many city fans will just not bother, as it seems to much of a pain in the butt, especially to watch dross.
    Spedger

I found it far more straightforward to get my covid "passport" onto my mobile 'phone than getting my match tickets!

Feedback

its really easy if you use the website. you'd have to be a special kind of stupid to find it difficult

Banned

It's not at all .
    It's a piece of pisz.
    Stop being a fanny