+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Covid passports.

Re: Covid passports.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It doesn’t completely stop transmission but it massively reduces the chances of transmission and infection

I was in France last month and had to use their app which lets you load nhs info in and it was very easy to do.

Is the NHS Wales app different to the NHS England one? I’ve used it a few times for travelling and it couldn’t be any easier really.
    Even though it was promised there isnt an NHS Wales app. As far as I know you have to go through the Welsh NHS website to create a QR code.

One thing that no one knows is what defines a nightclub, so many businesses are unsure whether or not they need to ask for the pass as a condition of entry.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I think they are discriminatory, and unnecessary, especially as the vaccine doesn’t stop transmission or infection. Let’s not forget the vast majority of people will have none, mild, or moderate symptoms without the vaccine anyway.
    I know we all have short memories nowadays, but I'm pretty sure there were one or two covid issues before the vaccine.

The Abertawe Town game should be fun

I think I’m right in saying , it’s starting to affect kids now.
    Well I wouldn’t be happy in the confined space af a coach, for 3 hours with loads of kids on there

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Got through because 1 Conservative member couldn't connect on line to vote. A tie would have gone to the presiding officer who would have voted against.
    Almost unbelievable but this is Wales in 2021

I scanned my passport on to laptop. No issues then. It wouldn't accept a photo I'd, taken on my phone.
    I'm all for the passports but argee the vote in the Synedd was a farce.

I’ve been to a couple of Northern Soul events recently, one in Weston-Super-Mare & one in Blackpool Tower Ballrom, both required proof of double vaccination before entry. Also went the ‘Dungeons’ attraction at Blackpool Tower and they also required proof. It was all quite straightforward with no delay getting in, just showed the NHS form with our ticket. Could only get tickets online for the Dungeons, had to go back to our hotel as we don’t usually carry our phones with us when away. It was harder purchasing the tickets than sending them proof of vaccinations

Been abroad a couple of times recently and used the same forms, all went smoothly. My experience of using the vaccination proof has been hassle free, you just need to log in regularly to refresh it.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Almost unbelievable but this is Wales in 2021
    Its unbelievable.

1 Tory failing to vote and stopping this being passed. Arty will want answers.

Arty himself didnt vote due to illness. But 1 Labour member didnt to level out Arty.

What a shambles.

Shouldnt be a revote because of 1 Tory though.

That tory member was probably quaffing wine at the time, and left it for the last minute.
    The prociding officer even gave him her own number but he didn't reply to it

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    That tory member was probably quaffing wine at the time, and left it for the last minute.
    The prociding officer even gave him her own number but he didn't reply to it
    Typical Tory. Probably hasn't logged on for 18 months and forgot what to do.
    Personally, even though it was a pain initially, the passport isn't really an issue for me. It would be a bigger pain to need a negative test every time - which is the only way of actually preventing infected people from entering. The double jab doesn't mean a lot regarding passing on the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Typical Tory. Probably hasn't logged on for 18 months and forgot what to do.
    Personally, even though it was a pain initially, the passport isn't really an issue for me. It would be a bigger pain to need a negative test every time - which is the only way of actually preventing infected people from entering. The double jab doesn't mean a lot regarding passing on the virus.
    I believe that the evidence shows that being double jabbed reduces the risk of transmission by around 50%. If that is the case then a reduction in risk of 50% is massive in the battle against the virus and good enough for me. Having a negative test is another weapon in the armoury but that doesn't prevent infected people from entering - it could be a false negative or the person might not be positive at the time of the test but could become so an hour later, before entering the event. Moaning about something designed to help people avoid becoming seriously ill or dying is silly - it could save your life or that of a family member.

I needed it for Prague. Just phone them, all they wanted was postcode and date of birth. Received paper one after 4 days. Simple

This may cause problems for away fans, they’ll have to have covid passes as well.....won’t they?

sick of the football anyways... time for a boycott put your foot down moment...

producing a passport to watch some players who have not had 1 jab never mind 2

Get a paper one. One phone call, no id photos, arrives in post a few days later. Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    producing a passport to watch some players who have not had 1 jab never mind 2
    It’s a crazy situation. The players don’t have to be vaccinated, and plenty apparently aren’t, but you’ll have to be vaccinated to watch them. That’s nuts.

The stadium manager and his staff have my sympathies as this will be a nightmare for them sort out. The season ticket fiasco was a mess all of their own making, but this time it’s Drakeford & Co who have thrown a spanner in the works.

From next week I can go a gig in a small indoor venue with 300 other people without the need for a Covid pass, but I’ll need one if I want to watch a football match in the open air at the CCS. Madness.

and flying around on international duties... going to the beach and clubs... as if like on holiday

but we cant

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It’s a crazy situation. The players don’t have to be vaccinated, and plenty apparently aren’t, but you’ll have to be vaccinated to watch them. That’s nuts.

The stadium manager and his staff have my sympathies as this will be a nightmare for them sort out. The season ticket fiasco was a mess all of their own making, but this time it’s Drakeford & Co who have thrown a spanner in the works.

From next week I can go a gig in a small indoor venue with 300 other people without the need for a Covid pass, but I’ll need one if I want to watch a football match in the open air at the CCS. Madness.
    Not Drakeford more the Tory who failed to vote perhaps. The portal was open a good few hours before the vote to allow them to check all was ok apparently and the presiding officer had given him her number as well yet he ‘decided’ not to get in touch, so the story goes today. Conspiracy theory time, did he have an agenda? Did he want the ‘against’ vote scuppered? We knew Mark Drakeford’s stance well in advance, so no about turn there but this ‘no show’ Tory.....hmmmmmmm?

The same with clubs those working on there don't need it. Only those entering as customers. Madness, doesn't make sense.
    A 48 hr LFT is stupid. Within that time I could have a snog with a covid positive lady. Just because you have the vaccines doesn't make you covid free.

I'm not against covid passports.However,the covid passport for Wales says for use in England only.Funny thing is its not needed in England.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    I'm not against covid passports.However,the covid passport for Wales says for use in England only.Funny thing is its not needed in England.

Not compulsory in England but certainly needed, I’ve had to use it over the border on three occasions to enter venues. The venues insisted on it or no admission.

Seems bloody ridiculous to me - apparently all you need to do to get a paper one is give a name and postcode and yet you've got to jump through all sorts of hoops if you try to get an electronic one.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Not Drakeford more the Tory who failed to vote perhaps.
    Very definitely, 100% Drakeford. We can’t blame the Tories for a policy proposed by and voted in by Labour.

All a bit pointless when you just need to provide a negative lateral flow that could have been done by anyone.

Essentially still relying on people to do the right thing, just like we already were.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Seems bloody ridiculous to me - apparently all you need to do to get a paper one is give a name and postcode and yet you've got to jump through all sorts of hoops if you try to get an electronic one.
    What loops?. Piece of p!ss to do it. Took me no time at all.

Aren't these measures just to ease the pressures on the NHS through the winter, so as soon as the flu season is over then the need for passes will be no more? It's all geared around creating capacity to start dealing with the backlogs.