+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Covid passports.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Covid passports.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Double vaccination doesn't stop you getting or spreading Covid. Just reduces the risk and impact. Younger, school aged children won't have been vaccinated. Even though it's Saturday, they won't be in school on Monday. One of them, aged about 10, was licking the handrails! Not the most hygienic way to exit the country.

I am aware of that , but younger school aged children are not really at risk of the disease ( that’s well known ) my son has had Covid and for him it was a runny nose / mild cold, as it was for me coincidentally.

I think it’s time to trust the vaccine process and start to move forward , whilst ensuring a decent balanced diet, regular exercise, and maintaining a high level of hygiene.

The more children who are infected the better it is for the older generation as they create population immunity.

All of this information is on the ONS website.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I am aware of that , but younger school aged children are not really at risk of the disease ( that’s well known ) my son has had Covid and for him it was a runny nose / mild cold, as it was for me coincidentally.

I think it’s time to trust the vaccine process and start to move forward , whilst ensuring a decent balanced diet, regular exercise, and maintaining a high level of hygiene.

The more children who are infected the better it is for the older generation as they create population immunity.

All of this information is on the ONS website.
    We certainly can't be locked down for ever.

Just read this unbelievable paragraph:——

“Large events could also be allowed to check passes at random, rather than check every person who attends.” !!!!

Shirley this can’t be true ?

Pick and choose, randomly select, are they taking the pi&&

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Just read this unbelievable paragraph:——

“Large events could also be allowed to check passes at random, rather than check every person who attends.” !!!!

Shirley this can’t be true ?

Pick and choose, randomly select, are they taking the pi&&
    What a load of rubbish the whole thing is.

Are people seriously ok with this? Producing a pass to prove you’ve had a voluntary vaccination?

Really wonder where we’d draw the line as a population, if indeed anywhere

I'd like to share with you my first experience of using my 'Covid Passport'.

My NHS letter arrived yesterday afternoon, in plenty of time for the sold-out gig at Cardiff University's Great Hall that I attended this evening. Upon arrival at the venue, a steward was walking up and down the queue telling people to have their Covid passports ready for inspection. When I got to the front of the queue, I attempted to show my letter to the female steward who was on my side of the barriers. Without even looking at it, she said: "Yeah, great, get your ticket ready."

I could have shown her my electricity bill or something I'd randomly printed off the internet for all the difference it made. The steward barely glanced at my letter, which comes as no surprise. After all, I've wandered into a couple of sell-out shows at Cardiff's Tramshed in recent years without even having to show my gig ticket. I'm going there again in a fortnight. I'll be astonished if the door staff give anything more than a cursory glance at my ticket, let alone my Covid letter.

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    What a load of rubbish the whole thing is.

Are people seriously ok with this? Producing a pass to prove you’ve had a voluntary vaccination?

Really wonder where we’d draw the line as a population, if indeed anywhere
    You think its a load of rubbish ? I think its excellent. Helping to save lives it is called. I want to know that the person that I am sitting or standing next to cares enough about their own health and that of others to get the vaccinations. Not a full guarantee of not having or getting Covid I know but reduces the risk sufficiently to make me feel easier about taking the risk and trying to return to nearer normal. If I catch Covid, I die - simple as that. Anyone who doesn't get the jabs (other than for medical reasons) obviously doesn't care and is playing Russian Roulette with their own lives and everyone else that they meet.