+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Autumn and Winter Walking Trousers 👖

Autumn and Winter Walking Trousers 👖

It's leathering it down

I need a pair of outdoor trousers to keep the rain out

Obviously the ultimate rain proof trouser is those plastic pvc type elasticated ones that go over a normal trouser . But I can't walk in them .

Are there any walkers out there who can suggest an almost waterproof trouser in one which means you dont have to walk around like arnie ?

I am not talking about going up everest

Re: Autumn and Winter Walking Trousers 👖

I bought a pair of breathable Craghoppers trousers from GoOutdoors, cheap,comfortable and do the job. Just about to put them to watch the forthcoming shower of sh*t

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's leathering it down

Obviously the ultimate rain proof trouser is those plastic pvc type elasticated ones that go over a normal trouser . But I can't walk in them .

Are there any walkers out there who can suggest an almost waterproof trouser in one which means you dont have to walk around like arnie ?

What's wrong with your floor length black PVC mac?

I've got Regatta over trousers, a Berghaus coat and walking boots. I'll be dry and warm but looking more suited to a walk up Pen Y Fan

If you want to keep the rain out you need the overtrousers.

No walking trousers are waterproof. Some are a bit showerproof. The main benefit of them is that they will dry fairly quickly - jeans won't.

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    I bought a pair of breathable Craghoppers trousers from GoOutdoors, cheap,comfortable and do the job. Just about to put them to watch the forthcoming shower of sh*t
    I will check them out

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    What's wrong with your floor length black PVC mac?
    It's in the evidence locker

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    I've got Regatta over trousers, a Berghaus coat and walking boots. I'll be dry and warm but looking more suited to a walk up Pen Y Fan
    It's the over trousers

They cramp my style

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    If you want to keep the rain out you need the overtrousers.

No walking trousers are waterproof. Some are a bit showerproof. The main benefit of them is that they will dry fairly quickly - jeans won't.
    Nothing worse than soggy jeans and an itchy crotch

You can get powder for your crabs from the chemist Sludgey. That'll stop the itching

It's leathering it down

Come on. It's 2021 and you're on a computer. You don't know there's such a thing as breathable waterproof outerwear? Do the words GORE-TEX mean nothing to you?

It's leathering it down

I got a long waterproof/fleece lined jacket top and trousers from Mountain Warehouse a few years back which I've used when out walking and fishing. I've stood fishing in a near monsoon and was dry in this combo and warm.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    I got a long waterproof/fleece lined jacket top and trousers from Mountain Warehouse a few years back which I've used when out walking and fishing. I've stood fishing in a near monsoon and was dry in this combo and warm.
    That's the number